Pet Scifi-Project Part II

Concordia

Swabbie
Banned
As I said, I had ideas regarding a pet scifi-project...

I've found it a bit difficult to do. So I'm going to incorporate this into stages...

STAGE I: SHIP DESIGN

I plan on detailing all the systems that are present on a ship... basic systems only.

PROPULSION: All ships use in one form or another a fusion-based engine... deuterium and tritium are compressed under high pressures and temperatures until they undergo nuclear-fusion into helium releasing a neutron and 1.7 million electron volts each. The helium expands out the back with the force of a nuclear explosion and pushes the ship forward at tremendous velocity. If thrust isn't enough, helium can be re-compressed into a heavier element releasing additional energy to produce additional thrust. Heavier element (whatever it may be) exits out the back at tremendous velocity. Such a technique could also be used not to produce additional power, but for greater efficiency.

ENGINE LOCATION:

-Rear: Primary Propulsion (biggest engines on the ship)
-Fore: Reverse Thrust (second largest engines on the ship)
-Dorsal/Ventral: Used for vertical acceleration, drops and jack-in-the-box maneuvers. Also used to assist breaking during turns to help ease the effect of shelton-sliding. (engines as large as reverse engines, or slightly smaller).
-Lateral: Used for lateral acceleration or deceleration. Also used to assist in breaking during yawing turns to help ease the effect of shelton sliding. (engines are the same size as Dorsal/Ventral Engines).

ENGINE OPERATIONS: Liquid Deuterium, and Liquid Tritium is taken from their respective tanks, then pumped towards the engines, where it is vaporized, turned into a high-energy plasma, and then injected into the fusion-reactor. Once pressures and temperatures are high enough, nuclear fusion results, which propels the ship. New fuel injected into the reactor keeps the pressure up and keeps fusion operating continuously. Additional heat from the reactor can also be used to continue to vaporize and ionize plasma heading towards the reaction chamber via heat-exchange.

to be continued...

-Concordia
I'm still working on more, and it's 10:59 PM... need more brain-power for this... I'm also writing down all the stuff my friends told me (they gave me tips and advice too).

Back