Penny Arcade now sucks(moreso than before)

Manic

Rear Admiral
Now, I'll be honest. I didn't find all the jokes funny, but on occasion there were gemstones in the sand. Now that one of them has left the group... obviously, the less mouthy and somewhat entertaining one... the whole strip has turned to crap.
I mean wholly turned to absolute fetid piles of bung-butter. The mouthy little prick that remains behind(whom our very own Loaf has declared hatred for) is spouting off useless (and overly wordy) crap at an alarming pace. I'm taking it off my bookmarks. This is just disgustingly bland. It's like Andy Kauffman reading a novel during a comedy show. This shit is funny to only one person.
Then again, he may be pulling a fast one. I find it completely dull though.

It's part of the strip. Do you think they co-created a freakin comic to discuss how they hate eachother now and are splitting up? Today's strip features stick figures. People who don't like or don't understand PA should just ignore it rather that whine at every single internet forum about it. It's bad enough at the gaming forums.

Hehe, while it's true that I can't stand the Penny Arcade guy's style of writing, this "situation" is pretty clearly a joke. They set it up in the previous comic on Friday.

And the Bad Boys of Punctuation are my favorite characters in the strip. I have a shirt with them on the front.

ChrisReid said:
...People who don't like or don't understand PA should just ignore it rather that whine at every single internet forum about it. It's bad enough at the gaming forums.
One forum. This one. That's it. I was bored and wanted to discuss something.
Yeah loaf, I get the joke, but it's not very funny... not because I fell for it (which, as I mentioned, I had suspicions), but because it simply sucks.
The Bad Boys of Punctuation does tend to be funny though, I agree.

Manic said:
One forum. This one. That's it. I was bored and wanted to discuss something.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what everyone thinks every day across the internet when they create a new thread somewhere to complain about Penny Arcade.

Point. People should just stop talking about it. (my fault, I know they were pulling a publicity stunt to draw attention and I played into it.)

Sort of.. it's not really much more of a stunt than stuff they do every week.

I can never understand anything that the guy writes on their front page, but IMO the strips usually rank from ok to funny... not today, though.

Half of them are about new obscure games and probably make no sense to most people. Today's is absolutely hilarious though. Grammar humor is an underappreciated art.

I enjoy PA, and i'm no fanboy. I think they exagerate the situations with that Sean-Squidi guy (whose strip is pretty good), even though Sean-Squidi behaves like a major asshole. But I do like the wordy style of "tycho", and I think "Gabe" improves his art everyday.

I liked the joke and I really like mr. period. Anyways, by any criteria, PA is one of the best strips around.

I'm also very fond of the indie-rock webcomics, namely Scary-Go-Round, Questionable Content, Wigu/Overcompensating.

But the best one is hands down White Ninja.

Loaf, I'm sincerely reminded of you when I read Tycho's posts, you people seem to share the same shade of irony and sarcasm. I see that it is kinda ironic in itself, and I'm not saying this to piss you or anything.

Back