Pencil Drawn WC Comic Sample Up For Comments (July 4, 2004)

Don't know if I should put it here but have a few questions about WC.
I hope anyone can help me with some of them. :)

1 - Is Free Republic of the Landreich a lose nation or does it join the Union of Border Worlds later on in the WC Universe?
2 - Are there any Landreich flag examples available? Only read it was something with a sword and a star symbol.
3 - a)During the Kilrathi War the Landreich depended on Confed Naval Aid, does anyone have any information about what kind of unit(s) we're talking about?
3 - b)Was Aid also provided with marine units or only Navy/Space force units?
4 - With the exeption of a mercenary tank I saw in a movie of WC4 is there any other way to find out more about ground vehicles (APC's, Tanks, Trucks and such) of the Landreich/UBW/Confed or Kilrathi. Or can I basically make it up as I go?
5 - Where does Landreich resides on the galactic frontier? Got the map of WC Prophecy but it only shows the UBW/Firrekan/Kilrathi and Confed.
6 - What were the most common ships used by UBW/Landreich Military Forces in the Kilrathi War?

Got a lot more but these are the most important, at least I think so :D

P.S. send the front cover to both replyers but havent heard/seen it since. Did they arrive? (Are were they that bad)

The art's nice but it's not my kind of stuff, I'm not to big on manga style things. I'd still read the comic though, the designs are kind of fun and refreshing.

1 - Is Free Republic of the Landreich a lose nation or does it join the Union of Border Worlds later on in the WC Universe?

It's a separate nation from the Union of Border Worlds. They were allies during the events of WC4, though (Kreiger provided ships and supplies to the Border Worlds).

2 - Are there any Landreich flag examples available? Only read it was something with a sword and a star symbol.

The Landreich flag is a red St. Andrews cross on a blue background.

3 - a)During the Kilrathi War the Landreich depended on Confed Naval Aid, does anyone have any information about what kind of unit(s) we're talking about?

Confed deployed a destroyer squadron to the Landreich early in the water. After the Battle of Terra, they had all sorts of assets in the region (like the pair of Tallahassee cruisers seen in the 'False Colors' prologue.)

3 - b)Was Aid also provided with marine units or only Navy/Space force units?

Probably not - there weren't any big amphibious battles.

4 - With the exeption of a mercenary tank I saw in a movie of WC4 is there any other way to find out more about ground vehicles (APC's, Tanks, Trucks and such) of the Landreich/UBW/Confed or Kilrathi. Or can I basically make it up as I go?

There's some details about tanks and walkers in a few of the novels (End Run, in particular). Kilrathi tanks appear in WC3's ground missions.

5 - Where does Landreich resides on the galactic frontier? Got the map of WC Prophecy but it only shows the UBW/Firrekan/Kilrathi and Confed.

There's an updated version of that map at https://www.wcnews.com/maps . The Landreich is the part at the very bottom.

6 - What were the most common ships used by UBW/Landreich Military Forces in the Kilrathi War?

The UBW didn't exist during the war as a political entity. The Landreich used the same kind of fighters as Confed (Rapiers/Scimitars/Sabres/etc.) and spit and glue kitbashes built out of the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for clearing some of the questions.
I'll figure the other thing up.

I'll keep the 'manga' as realistic as possible (no big eyes and stuff, have example if someone wants to see it) as I see that not all people like manga. I'll keep vehicles and such straightforward and normal.

This will take a hell of a amount of time. Currently only busy with characters, scetches and vehicles/weapons. Hope it will work out.

As I've already stated I too look forward to any future update, but about whether or not marines were present in Landreich airspace during the war, I disagree with LOAF.
Although no major amphibious battle (that we know of) took place, I think it's very unlikely that no marines were send to aid the Landrich, not only do I doubt that confed leadership would trust Landreich forces with the task of handling possible amphibious actions, but also simply to prevent sabotage of the confed ships and ensuring the safety of the senior officers.
I would find it logical if a small group of officers and vets was send for educational purpose of the Landrich leadership and a few squads of either marines or troopers to assist the lesser experienced Landrich military.

So basically I think it's safe to include marines if it'll help the plot.

Back