Pelican Transport Information?

CamW

Spaceman
Does anybody happen to know the length and mass of the Pelican transport from WCP? :) I finished my Pelican transport ship (finally) and I'm wanting to produce an info sheet for it but I don't have the specific information.

Here's some pics of my finished Pelican:

pelican_wip15.jpg

pelican_wip16.jpg

THAT"S SOOOO GOOD!!!!
sorry, dunno about official stats, maybe i should try flying alongside and time how long it takes to pass....

Originally posted by dacis2
THAT"S SOOOO GOOD!!!!
sorry, dunno about official stats, maybe i should try flying alongside and time how long it takes to pass....

Maybe, although I don't recommend doing that for the Midway. Flying in a Vampire at 1500 clicks a second would make it quite a few kilometres long

Yeah, WC measurements are screwed up. Midway is 1.83 kilometers long from what I remember, but if you're flying at full afterburner it takes longer than 1 second to fly past it. :D

That's because speed varies depending on the situation. The speed in your HUD is the speed you'd be travelling under perfect circumstances, and always remains directly comparable to nearby ships, which will be in the same circumstances. A ship that has the reading of 1000 kps in it's HUD may not actually be travelling at 1000 kps. However, it will be travelling twice as fast as one that's reading 500 kps, nearby.

TC

Originally posted by TC
That's because speed varies depending on the situation. The speed in your HUD is the speed you'd be travelling under perfect circumstances, and always remains directly comparable to nearby ships, which will be in the same circumstances. A ship that has the reading of 1000 kps in it's HUD may not actually be travelling at 1000 kps. However, it will be travelling twice as fast as one that's reading 500 kps, nearby.

TC

okay... that's just stretching to cover up something that the game designers didn't really care about me-thinks.

Except it's something that's been incorporated since the original game... Take a look at Wing Commander, one moved in mps when applied to nearby ships, but when you start heading towards other objects, far away, and are no longer interacting with nearby ships or obstructions, you're travelling at the speed on your display, in kps.

TC

That still doesn't explain why when you are at 0 kps, and Midway is at 0 kps, and then fly past it at 1500 kps, it still takes like 5 seconds to fly past it. :D

not true, at that time, when i tried measuring, the Midway had both its engines out, one was by me:D in the panther in Autoslide.
i locked ABs after complete accel and reached the starting part and hti my stopwatch, 'bout 4.37 secs later i stopped the watch. that means, origin made a serious miscalculation, its 4.37*1300kps is.... 5681m or 5.681 km, give or take a coupla metres.

Originally posted by dacis2
not true, at that time, when i tried measuring, the Midway had both its engines out, one was by me:D in the panther in Autoslide.
i locked ABs after complete accel and reached the starting part and hti my stopwatch, 'bout 4.37 secs later i stopped the watch. that means, origin made a serious miscalculation, its 4.37*1300kps is.... 5681m or 5.681 km, give or take a coupla metres.

That math doesn't begin to make sense.

Back