p9d

Wendy

Spaceman
RF Campaign
Gooden keeps giving me the admiral's congratulatory speech instead of the mission chatter. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be flying till I fly it.

Tayla's second mission will not complete. I'm on the Mining Base in Prasepe the cargo is gone, the militia hate me again and I can't get the mission to complete. It says I haven't jumped into the system yet. But the system the on-board computer wants me to jump into is misspelled Praspe instead of Prasepe. Then, back on Tuck's Tayla says congrats. Confusing.

Then after taking her mission to Speke, the in-flight computer says I'm still on the previous mission. Still says it while on speke. On to Masterson

Oxford 1 completed fine. On to Gooden and Perry 2

Flying one or two other missions seems to have cleared up the glitch with gooden,
Mastersons seemed to go off flawlessly
Tayla's are still hung on mission 1. I'm getting paid okay though I'm loath to scrob the mission, but I'll do it in the name of research

odd about goodin... can you send me a savegame with that? one for each goodin mission would be best...though I caught that--but I guess there's a chance I could have missed it

as for tayla's second mission: you found a typo...praspe that's in the mission GUIDE tho--the actual mission is to deliver cargo and if the cargo gets removed you can continue, no matter if there's a mission objective going on...cleared that typo out.

did you try quitting and restarting and talkin to tayla... and edit modules/campaign.py and change praspe to Prasepe :) just do a search
see if that clears up problems--if not send me a savegame with tayla's problem

hellcatv said:
odd about goodin... can you send me a savegame with that? one for each goodin mission would be best...though I caught that--but I guess there's a chance I could have missed it

as for tayla's second mission: you found a typo...praspe that's in the mission GUIDE tho--the actual mission is to deliver cargo and if the cargo gets removed you can continue, no matter if there's a mission objective going on...cleared that typo out.

did you try quitting and restarting and talkin to tayla... and edit modules/campaign.py and change praspe to Prasepe :) just do a search
see if that clears up problems--if not send me a savegame with tayla's problem

I'm gonna re-run the whole scenario tonight. I'll get you saves of each step. I'm also going to try a different soundserver. One from the bin file you sent me a few weeks ago. That way I can see if it's a corrupted download causing my crashes.

About crashes:
I think the fact that it was not generating a Dr. Watson report tells me that the abnormal programme termination was not because of a problem with the file itself, but with how the file is interacting with the system. That the file didn't crash, but terminated, exited abnormally, kept Dr. Watson from running. If it had hung or had an honest crash Dr. Watson would have intercepted the crash and given me a printout. I'll look to see if my system logfiles had anything on it, though.

UPDATE:
Didn't even show up in the event logs. Wonder why.

Ya I sent you a file that could fix it through gmail...did you get that...it was an updated campaigns.py file that had the bug...has nothing to do with soundserver.

I'm re-running the mad dash as I type.

I have to quit and re-load the game if I want my tractor beam to work correctly. Otherwise I wind up with a tractor that stays on till I trigger it again and I can't tell if it's on because the beam isn't visible.

You see, if you load a game from the save/load screen your beam weapons don't work right.
You trigger the beam on normally, but then it's hands-free operation, you then have to trigger the beam off.
AND you never see the beam.

The crash is gone. GREAT!

Using the soundserver in the d/l no less
Well, that blows my theory on Dr. Watson. Wonder why it didn't pick it up?

Quirk

I didn't go back to kill the drone again, I decided to load another game right on top. I was gonna go and get you some saved games. Care to guess what was waiting for me when I launched?

Yep.
The drone and retros.

Maybe I should load up a steltek gun and see if I can lure the fighter too? That would be interesting.

UPDATE:
Nope, no alien fighter.

Comms Quirk

I was in Nitir running Goodin's first RF mission.
I jumped in-system, saw a Gothri, and I opend the dialogue with --
Hey, puss-face, let's fight!
He responded with --
I grant you passage today, lucky ape.
And then he started shooting.

My faction relations are:

Confed +100 / 20 kills
Kilrathi -100 / 108 kills
Merchant +100 / 13 kills
Retro -100 / 32 kills
Pirates +6 / 77 kills
Hunters -100 / 42 kills
Militia +100 / 23 kills

We got us an issue here, mission control.

RF - Perry #3

Okay,
Looks like you have to take a different mission first. If you don't Goodin always says the Admiral's Congratulatory speech for her mission briefing. I'm getting ready to accept mission 3 from her at Perry and i'm still getting the Congratulations! gig.

UPDATE:
Went back in to see Goodin after accepting the mission. She said Congratulations! That speech is OLD, man. OLD.
END UPDATE

I'll finish the perry campaign missions and quit.

Then I'll start Delta-Done go see the Admiral, visit Jolson and SAVE it as Drone-Dead.
Then I'll head over to Masterson and run his mission set.
Then I'll start Drone-Dead and do Tayla.

Any other requests while I do this? Get them in now, while I'm doing the first series of saves for you.

I can rotate, do mission one for each, etc. . . Just tell me how you want to proceed.

Crash! -- WITH Dr. Watson. Look for the files.

AND I have a Dr. Watson to go with it.

I was buying my Galaxy from my fleet and the last word got stuck. "...and good shipping!...shiopping...shipping...ip...ip...ip..." Dr. Watson kicked in. Vegastrike terminated.

Vegastrile has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the progamme. An error log is being created.

Hang on and you'll have your files in a few minutes.

All output files and a Dr. Watson Report.
I'll send you the saved game set as well. I DID manage to save the final campaign run. And yes, Goodin is STILL talking like the admiral.

You should have all the starting saves you need.

I've run all the campaign missions as starters for you. Each as its own grouping. If you want me to run them in any particular order, please let me know.

I'm gonna take a break now. Hope you can find the crash bugs easily. It's a pain in the butt when I have to edit the save file manually to change ships

well it looks like you're going to need to send me your actual .privateer009/serialized_xml/savegamename/galaxy.blank.csv
and
.privateer009/serialized_xml/savegamename/orion.blank.csv
and your current ship
basically
.privateer009/serialized_xml/savegamename/*.csv cus we need your current ship to know what cargo it's tryin' to transfer...

for me to be able to diagnose the bug... Watson wasn't enough and without the exact loadout on the ship I can't repro it...
it is reproducable, right?

according to the Dr Watson logs, it could be something that was the effect of a bug that happened minutes or hours before

but if you can reproduce it each time it must be simpler--which is good news

what directory did you install it in...you're running win2k right?

Back