P1 and sound.. part 2.

Device manager

Checked the Device Manager and everything was ok with the exception of IRQ.. 7 instead of 5. No probs, CL SB16 emulation ok.

My cdrom is running ok.. had cd digital checked. Must have done it when I was trying anything to get sound to the game. ).

Thanks.

O'kay let's change the IRQ for SB16 emulator. In your PC bios go to PCI/PNP configuration Change the IRQ 5 to Legacy. Now back in windows go to Device Manager > CL SB16 emulator and uncheck the share LPT. Is will auto assign to 5.

IRQ Change

Changed it to 5.. still the same. Been playing the game with no sound, had forgot just how good it is.

Thanks.

SBEGO

SBEGO reports:

Right side just show info in blaster line in autoexec.bat..

Left side (in flashing red) :

Error In Env Validation

Blaster= ... I?? ...
... D?? ...
... H?? ...

When I terminated program, next screen came up blank with one sentence across top:

'Error: Is SB Emulation Enabled?? ...

Thats it.. evidently even though it shows emulation is enabled when booting from disc, it really isn't (?).

I don't know if this means anything or not, but when I turned machine on this am, during boot process, it showed a blue screen with message 'may not be enough MINSPs and may need to be increased in system.ini or something like that. Not only do I not know what that means, but I could not find anything about in system.ini. =).

Thanks again.

Stop the Presses! First, I think I found the problem and I feel silly. LOADHIGH= this the problem. There should not be a = with the LOADHIGH. Remove it. It should be like this.
LH C:\PROGR~1\CREATIVE\SBLIVE\DOSDRV\SBEINIT.COM

Do the same with the CD-ROM and Mouse drivers.

Did everything but..

Changed Loadhigh= to LH - no difference. Everything looked exactly the same .. still 576 memory.

I don't know how to extract an exe file to a directory and the drivers at the link are the same drivers that are on the machine now.

Thanks.

Re: Did everything but..

Originally posted by Oldun
Changed Loadhigh= to LH - no difference. Everything looked exactly the same .. still 576 memory.
There should be a space between LH and the driver. REM the CD-ROM line again.

....the drivers at the link are the same drivers that are on the machine now.
Please explain this statement. Did you all ready download these exact drivers and have been using them all this.

Did it and ...

Remed cdrom drivers in autoexec and config.. now the boot disk will not boot .. keeps resetting machine!! ( I am completely confused.).

Yes, the drivers the link guided me to are the same as I have on the machine now.. Sblw9xup.exe and LW30full_9x.zip. First one is basic drivers and second is the liveware drivers, I think.

Thanks again.

Remeber we are taking about DOS. Did you download these exact DOS drives from this link?
http://atlas.hemmet.chalmers.se/livecenter/showpage.php?id=39
Are these the drivers you are using? Because these drivers from this link are setting to run from C:\SBLive. Where did you get the DOS driver you are using? Which Motherboard do you have? This shouldn't be this hard. I use a SBLive. You need to be exact in your explanation. Please answer each question.

Did everything..

Downloaded the CORRECT file this time and followed instructions..
Still no sound. My mother board is a Asus P3V4X.

Went back and checked autoexec twice and everything is pointing to SBLIVE directory. Ran SBEGO in dos and same thing - the board is set to the same numbers as the blaster line, A220 etc., but SBEGO reports it can't find I, D and H.

Maybe the motherboard does not support this or something?

Thanks.

Back