Oxford Mission Issues: 9b standard

what happened? just so we know...may be a random issue
shouldn't depend on stuff running in the background, esp with a good vidcard

Oh it's random all right, I'm playing 9b standard and it's on a completely different drive, mind, and for some reason I got audio where there is none! I think I had a buffer that didn't unload.

And thne the pirate ship I was supposed to deliver my rescuee, jumped out of system. AGAIN. I'd forgotten that this one didn't have that fix.

Ya the buffer unload problem was a huge problem, but I thought I solved it completely--- it was pretty completely since you haven't complained about it for a while...I could try and tone down buffers that are far away... cus some ppl have been complaining about hearing battles that are a decent distance away...

hellcatv said:

Ya the buffer unload problem was a huge problem, but I thought I solved it completely--- it was pretty completely since you haven't complained about it for a while...I could try and tone down buffers that are far away... cus some ppl have been complaining about hearing battles that are a decent distance away...

Well, there is that. Being in opposing corners of the system and hearing the battle on the far side is a bit odd, but the buffer I'm talking about is not the in game buffer, it's MY MAIN COMPUTER'S buffers.

I exited one game, on drive C, COMPLETELY, using the save/load buttons and selecting QUIT GAME, and started another game, on drive E. My buffers in my machine never flushed the game on Drive C. It's not the game itself, it's some of the crud I'm running that keeps stuff in buffer. Especially when I've been using Word, Open Office, Adobe, etc. . .

I'm running 512MB SD DDR 133 and have 5 Gig set asside for programme swaps. I DO run into this with other apps and games, so it's endemic to MY machine.

I LiKE hearing the battles in far off corners, they start me on a hunt for salvage. I just wish the sounds were quieter, then I wouldn't think I was getting jumped so often.

Back