Outdated FAQ Thread #1

Yeah, I get the chime. I see the change at the bottom of the nav window. It still reverts when I switch back. :(

Strike that, I solved it! I wasn't using my mouse for clicking, I was using the joystick still, or the keyboard. Found that if I double-click the point with the right button on the mouse, not the left, it pops up a "new nav point selected" thingy on the top part of the screen and it works then. Rather tricky for such a simple thing.

Thanks much!

Blackfaer said:
The base attack was one of the toughest fights I can remember in any of the WC games, but I think I'm just out of practice. :)
Don't be so hard on yourself, we made it that hard on purpose. :p

As for the nav map, yep, you have to right click the navpoint icon and then it'll say you've selected that as a destination. I agree that the command could've been made more clear in-game (or that we could at least change it ourselves).

Yes, it'll be ready when it's done, and that shouldn't take too long. Confused enough yet? :p

Oh, don't worry. The fur will be flying before you know it. Well.. when it's done. And you'll know when it's done. So disregard this entire pose, since it contradicts itself in all possible ways.

Dogs can't look up!

Too bad...

It's too bad that they ripped off GLIDE support ...

My WCP SO works great on my RADEON 9800 Pro ... with glide!!!

Ok OK .. im simply using a wonderful piece of software called Glide wrapper - the latest version - 0.82b is simply GREAT!!!

http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/index.html

This way I can enable fog in the options menu and it's working like a dream...

But Glide seems to be gone forever in STANDOFF... and it sucks...

Megablaster said:
But Glide seems to be gone forever in STANDOFF... and it sucks...
I hope you mean Glide. :p

On a more serious note, the real reasons why we've decided to drop Glide support are all over this very thread for those who might be wondering. It basically came down to Standoff being either a Glide-less game, an ugly Glide-capable game, or a vaporware game.

For me, the choice was obvious (not the whole mod has to feel like the 90's, so Glide begone :p).

Well, like I posted before:
When the cockpit is disabled Glide works Ok for me at 640x480 = 1280x960 thx to wrapper's res-fix :D
works better than D3D with AA/AF for me, that's also why I use it :S
So you might want to try it out yourself, Megablaster. - Eder posted how to activate glide on your own risk in this thread already:

As for Glide, it's more buggy than any errors you get in D3d. You can open st_options.cfg in notepad and change the first number to 3 to check it out for yourself (maybe it was 4... Well, one of them is D3D 32 bits, the other is Glide - you'll know which is which since one will crash on your ATI card )... keep in mind that the game may lock your system (and it definitely won't look like it should). I recomend you test it with videos, cockpit struts, etc, etc, etc all disabled at first.

But I repeat: It's on your own risk and not supported ;)

Megablaster: Standoff was tested with exactly that Glide wrapper as well as real Voodoo hardware. The problem is that it crashes once the Stiletto cockpit is to be drawn (reason unknown AFAIK). Also some textures are broken (reason known, but EXTREMELY time consuming to fix). So unless you wanted Standoff to be delayed another half year or more and Eder to go insane in the process...

Back