Our ranks

This is one. It's called Armada Proving Grounds. You can play it over a LAN and on gaming site that allow you to plag LAN games over the internet.
smile.gif

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
...stay tuned in to find out.
smile.gif

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Theoretically it isn't impossible... I'd work on it if I had a working copy of Armada... which I no longer do.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Hmm... once again, I'm talking about something that I have no idea about, so feel free to ignore me
smile.gif
. But it seems to me that what essentially would be needed is a DOS-based program that translates IPX into TCP-IP (and of course, gets you connected to the Internet in the first place). But even then, the Internet would be much too slow to handle a game designed for a LAN.

True enough.
If we were all working in one big company it would be a different story.

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited May 17, 2000).]

The MS Gaming zone is supposed to be able to simulate an IPX network. I've never gotten anything to work though.

Then it comes down to the impossible, doesn't it? Armada would have to run from the DOS prompt, and we all know that ain't ever happening.

Supposedly Armada can be played over the net (as I've heard it was done just as Quarto described) The only problem was it was incredibly slow. I don't know if anyone has tried it recently (a cable modem, ADSL or even a 56K modem might make it work)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Wasn't that IPX to TCP/IP program called Kali?
If that's the case, I never got that thing to work. My modem was waaaay too old...

Kalk got banned again? Wasn't here to see it...

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

If I remember well Kali was a program that let you play IPX DOS games like Duke Nukem or Doom on the Internet.

Speaking of Duke N. , that thing got banned here. Doh!

How's Weaver?

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

It's good to know somebody is waiting for the rest of my story
smile.gif
. I should be posting something in the next few days.

Back