Our new 3D printer

hammer01ik3.gif

long live 3D printing

Having a bit of trouble here, but should figure it out soon. Still no word on the Printer guys though.:mad:

Attachments

• yorkside.JPG
    yorkside.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 156
  • yorktop.JPG
    yorktop.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 150
  • yorkiso.JPG
    yorkiso.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 174
Good news! The printer will be set up today, so my stuff should be done by the end of the week.
@Deadman, the turrets will be added along with the engine stuff.

Well, looks like this is it. Printing today, I think.
Model 1 of Version 1 in the 1st Edition. I'm going to see how this material reacts to Citadel Primer and paint on a test print, then if things go smooth I'll paint the ship and put some pics up this weekend. See ya soon. :)

Attachments

• yorkfin.JPG
    yorkfin.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 163
OWOWOWOWOW... why? OK, so this morning I checked how the prints were going... 13 some hours till they're done. So I'll have it tomorrow. I'll try to get some pics of production while I'm in there.

OK, I decided against turrets, at 2 inches, they won't really add anything.

Ok, no turrets. They can be painted on later I guess. Your limited to 2"? I guess cupholders are out of the question then. :(
Damn, that's the size of a matchbox car. Any prospect of building figters? At scale those would be...really small.
Will the printer allow for larger mockups?

If this is a university lab, they might have restrictions on how large the parts can be for student projects...rapid prototyping machines and raw materials aren't (necessarily) cheap

Sweet zombie Jesus YES! The print is finished, so when I get home I'll take some pics. He didn't scale the model down very much, so I think it 5 something inches. SWEET!
Also, painting looks like a yes, I tried some out this morning on a test piece and is didn't melt into oblivion, so things are looking good.

Done painting. Will get pics up tomorrow. Can only speak in simple sentances. Missed a few MINOR details. Will do touch-up later. Good night.

Back