Our new 3D printer

Haliwali

Spaceman
OK, there is no way I can finish this in 2 days. I'll talk to my teacher about getting Autodesk at home, then I can work on more ships.

Look into getting a student version at your bookstore...that's one of the most AWESOME things about being enrolled in a university: the cheap professional software (you can get ~75% of the features for 65%-80% discounts!!)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Finally, the pics of the Wellington. Some detail work will be done, but that's about it. Also sorry for the blur. And forcing you to see me at 8 in the morning at a Cracker Barrel.
Do you know how to take sharper pictures of something like that? If you can't use a flash, you need to have more light in the room or set the camera on something like a can or tripod. Additionally, use a macro setting (little flower button/menu option) to focus on something close to the camera.

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Look into getting a student version at your bookstore...that's one of the most AWESOME things about being enrolled in a university: the cheap professional software (you can get ~75% of the features for 65%-80% discounts!!)
Haliwali is still in high school.

And now that that's out (who gets out so early?), were you able to work anything out so you could continue over the summer?

Haliwali

Spaceman
I looked into getting a copy of the software for home use, but no luck yet. I'll keep you guys posted when I find something.

bengomez

Spaceman
I don't have exact dimensions... but given that you know the length, you should be able to measure anything else using this image:

Also, be careful with the Saga Yorktown... isn't that the one where they still haven't fixed the incorrect mirroring?
That is a great prototype model guys... what software did it guys??

Last edited by a moderator:

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Despite the blurry images, this looks really nice. I know this is an old thread, but I haven't been nearly as regular as I used to be, so clearly I missed this when it was first done.