Operation Flashpoint 2

powell99

Aviation Junkie
Im eagerly awaiting this game. I thought Flashpoint was great minus the fact that it was based on a 1998 Graphics engine. I mean the latter addons on the net looked great but still a bit dated. Not to mention the fact that the physics were screwey. Like one time I nailed a UAZ with a LAW and the UAZ bounced around the Island for like 15 minutes(very amusing). Also you couldnt swim...but all in all it was really good. It gave total freedom in missions. And the misson creator was nice and Simple. I read that OFP2 will have better graphics and physics. I just pray that it does not cost the player the total freedoms.

Well tell me what you think about OFP or OFP2

The first game had an awesome sense of scale.

I can remember the demo level in which we captured a village, but was forced out by tanks. when retreating to the heli the commanding officer got cut down by a hail of gun fire. yet still lived, Both his legs, torso and face had been shot, yet he still lived and dragged himself 100 meters to the extraction point.
:eek:

(i think i still have screenies of that on a CD-R somewheres)

Yeah the demo was kind of screwy that way. In the full version When ever anyone took 2-3 hits they were killed

Operation Flashpoint got overshadowed commercially by Ghost Recon, but it was a fantastic game. I'm really looking forward to playing the sequel.

I hope the sequel sticks with the large scale conflict of the first one. There've been a lot of rumors about OFP 2 being about combating terrorism, which would be awful in my opinion. The first Flashpoint was all about teams, but terrorism is very small scale conflict, which reduces things to squad vs. squad at the largest. The depersonlization of the conflict was one of the things I really enjoyed about the first OFP.

Where'd you hear that? I haven't heard anything about Vietnam. flashpoint2.com says
As part of an international coalition contingent, your team will be deployed to dismantle a significant threat to the free world in Operation Flashpoint 2, true sequel to the million-selling game of the year featuring different theaters of combat across Asia and Europe
Vietnam is of course in Asia, but that hardly sounds like a description of a Vietnam War era game.

I am a bit suspicious about having a team battling a significant threat to the free world, it does sound somewhat like Rainbow 6. However, they go on to talk about tanks and airplanes etc, so if you only control a small team (as in the original Flashpoint where you controlled no more than 12 IIRC) it is likely in the context of a larger conflict.

Flashpoint wasn't very good at all at simulating indoor environments anyway, so i doubt they'll focus on it in the sequel. Then again, neither did the Delta Force games, which were still somewhat like Rainbow 6 (small team, terrorists etc).. Still, I hold out hope that it will be like the original.

I have played a few mission with the first one and I enjoyed it, number two should be good.
Did anyone played any of the mods which some people made.
My brother and I saw a few Star Wars mods and Warhammer mods for OFP

Back