Open letter to Origin

nova21

Spaceman
Why did you let the wing commander universe die? What was once a wonderful place of imagination and epic space battles is now dead and wilted. Now I see games like Freespace and the up coming microsoft's alliance ready to fill the void that you have left. Games that were inventive like privateer are no more. I will miss the times spent in the wing commander universe. But, I guess all good things must come to an end. The francise has not release a game for over 3 years. There was an attempt to end the life of prophecy by releasing secret opts. Now, after years of being on life support, Wing commander is best to left to rest in peace. Rumors of a privateer 3 have died with any hopes of reviving the much popular universe. Here is hopes that you will prove me wrong, but I will not be holding my breath.

Bad news for you, Origin probably won't read this.

Anyhow, Wing Commander isn't dead. The games, although the most important part of the universe aren't the only ones. There are almost half a dozed WC novels and the WC movie. And Privateer Online should be anounced this year.

Now I see games like Freespace and the up coming microsoft's alliance ready to fill the void that you have left.

It's Aligence IIRC. And FS sucks. Big ships and nice colors, nothing that made the WC series so good.

Games that were inventive like privateer are no more. I will miss the times spent in the wing commander universe. But, I guess all good things must come to an end. The francise has not release a game for over 3 years.

And what do you call SO? Not only it was a new game, it was released for free.

There was an attempt to end the life of prophecy by releasing secret opts.

WTF? End the life of Prophecy?

Rumors of a privateer 3 have died with any hopes of reviving the much popular universe.

Um, where the hell have you been? Origin canceled P3 in 1998. And since there was a lot of other WC merchendise, the universe doesen't need any reviving.

God, people don't get a new game for 2 years and they start biching that WC is desd.
frown.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 06, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh!!!

Warcraft is dead... There hasn't been a Warcraft game for... For a long time!

Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Hang on... They're making Warcraft III. And because they waited those three years or so, it's gonna be far better than anything Blizzard has released so far...

I hope you get my drift, Nova21. At any rate, you should keep in mind that Origin does not bother to come here and read these posts (I don't blame them
wink.gif
). This is, in spite of everything, a WC fan site. Which, btw, is also a good reason not to bitch about WC here
smile.gif
. If you think WC is dead, that's your problem. But keep in mind that everybody who's here are here because they disagree with you
smile.gif

Incidentally, I still don't understand people who register at this Chat Zone only to announce that WC is dead.

A note to everybody else: Just control yourselves. No matter what you might think, I will not tolerate any insults aimed at this poor, misguided soul
smile.gif

Incidentally, I still don't understand people who register at this Chat Zone only to announce that WC is dead.
Yeah, I know. I think this is the third person to do this in the last 2 weeks.
A note to everybody else: Just control yourselves. No matter what you might think, I will not tolerate any insults aimed at this poor, misguided soul.
Why would anyone insult him/her?

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I wouldn't insult him/her... I just insult people I like
smile.gif
I pity people who act like the guy above
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Good thing we are only doing friendly insults, it would not make me happy if I logged on to unwind only to read nasty argumnets.

Back