...on the hunt for maps!

Deacan

Commodore
Yes - does anyone owns a good map for the Tri-System?

I know that the game itselfs contains a "map", but this one is not useable for my little project...

Since all plans for the cardgame are lost and history, I still owns huge amounts of pics and a complete database...

...still enough for some kind of stragety type game I have in my mind...

Deacan

There was the larger reference map that came in the P2 box. That's the only one I know of.

There was the larger reference map that came in the P2 box. That's the only one I know of.

Hm, sounds good - the german version had only a single page witch come along with the manual, and this page only shows a "chart" of the planets and bases and their distance from eachother...

So - does anyone get his/her hands on a good scann of this map? Or are there other "fancreations" of some sort for this?

Thankfully,
Deacan

Interesting Topic indeed....I have P2 And do remember the map I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

P2 as in Privateer 2?
I just got it off ebay and I htink it was complete. I might be able to scan it, but I'm going on vacation tomorrow so it might be next week

Maybe this helps you.

priv2map.gif

...well, 2 more questions...

Inside the ships database for P II we find this:

Miningbase

and also sciencelab - so: do these base only come up along of a mission or have they a fixed location, namely a jumppoint?

Deacan

reason: it sounds a bit funny, but I never run into any miningbase or sciincelab at all! only Kappa Lab was on my traveling list during my games.

Last edited by a moderator:
...well, 2 more questions...

Inside the ships database for P II we find this:

Miningbase

and also sciencelab - so: do these base only come up along of a mission or have they a fixed location, namely a jumppoint?

Deacan

reason: it sounds a bit funny, but I never run into any miningbase or sciincelab at all! only Kappa Lab was on my traveling list during my games.

I think that they appear during missions, but not when you're just flying around aimlessly. The same with gun towers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, still as confusing as it was then. :D

What's confusing about it? It's like any other map. A bunch of towns/stars/nav points connected by jump lines/roads. Where lines would look messy, match yellow-tab letters to the corresponding yellow-tab letter.

Haha, seriously. It couldn't have been fun to make a 2D representation of the 3D map.

Yeah, that's impressive. I use software at work that would spit this out automatically, but it's possible it was done by hand back then.

The numbers always threw me off. I was always searching for a nav point and the map just looked like a jumble to me.

Back