On June 18th, a new short Fan Film is coming

FekLeyrTarg

Rear Admiral
On June 18 2018, 8 PM Zulu, a new short Fan Film is going to be released.

The Attack Begins.jpg

So, it'll be out at 3 Pm Eastern, 2 Pm Central?

Zulu time is GMT time, not local. 182000LJUN2018 is the proper DTG for a local release. 182000ZJUN2018 denotes GMT and is used for synchronizing global operations.

This looks interesting. If I may, I created two fonts for my WC Story guides. If you wish to use them please send me an IM with your email and I'll send them to you.

Attachments

• WC Speech.JPG
    WC Speech.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 96
  • WC Terminal.JPG
    WC Terminal.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 95
Those are pretty cool. If you want to send them to us, we can post them at the CIC.

I can't wait!

Thanks.
I'm also very excited to finally release it to the public.
There's a link to the film inside the spoiler tag, but it'a not be accessable yet. :)

So, it'll be out at 3 Pm Eastern, 2 Pm Central?

Zulu time is GMT time, not local. 182000LJUN2018 is the proper DTG for a local release. 182000ZJUN2018 denotes GMT and is used for synchronizing global operations.

Well, I thought it would be nice to go the... international military route because I can. ;)
Seriously though, I'm barely familiar with American timezones as I live in Austria.
Looking it up, it would be 4 PM Eastern Summertime.
Even though Zulu and GMT are the same, the former does not take Daylight Saving Time into consideration, so in the UK, it would be 9 PM British Summertime. :)

This looks interesting. If I may, I created two fonts for my WC Story guides. If you wish to use them please send me an IM with your email and I'll send them to you.

Thank you very much for the offer. However, the short film is finished and uploaded already.
But I'd love to see them in any future project, be it by me or someone else. :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the news coverage. :)
Inspiring more people to do stuff like this was another reason to do this short film.
With the "Privateer 3D Archive", all these awesome custom-made models and tools like Blender, the time to do it is right. :)

Of course it would only be fair to mention that my short film was inspired by other works, including the CG shots of "Unknown Enemy", "Standoff" and "The Darkest Dawn", as well as movies like "Starship Troopers", "Sky Fighters" and "Top Gun". :)

Back