Old Great Games beloved by WC Fans

no one has yet to mention the MechWarrior series yet, i still play the recent ones. I should dust off the older ones and try those again.

Ooh, yeah! I just recently replayed Mechwarrior 2 and it is amazing how well it stands up. I found a fan-made patch that allowed the software version to run in Windows XP, but I've had no luck getting Ghost Bears Legacy or Mercenaries to run. Oh well...

I've always said that Privateer and Lands of Lore are my two favorite games. But predating even that? Mmm, Monkey Island and Loom were really good games. I used to have tons of great games on my dad's old Bernoulli drive.

I miss Scorched Earth.

Genuinely old, or just pretend-old?

Actually old: Night Stalker.
Pretend-old: Stuff like Battlehawks 1942.

Yeah I love old Intellivision games like Night Stalker, Utopia, Triple Action, Dreadnought Factor.

Triple Action is totally awesome. That's got to be my second favorite Intellivision game. I played that so much.

Genuinely old, or just pretend-old?

Actually old: Night Stalker.
Pretend-old: Stuff like Battlehawks 1942.

What do you mean by pretend-old? If you're thinking of the game I'm thinking of, Battlehawks 1942 is pretty old!

Triple Action is totally awesome. That's got to be my second favorite Intellivision game. I played that so much.

Yeah... I think I still have a box of old intellivision games... somewhere. It may sort-of still work. SHould have triple action in there somewhere.

I always like Close Combat. X-wing/TIE fighter were cool, Chuck Yeagers air combat :)

007 Goldeneye for the Console stuff.

I wish they'd make a simple way to play those games multiplayer online. Triple Action still is very fun to play.

What do you mean by pretend-old? If you're thinking of the game I'm thinking of, Battlehawks 1942 is pretty old!
Before Nintendo and After Nintendo.

Post-1983 is no longer the ancient world, we simply pretend it is to flatter all the kiddies who think Mario invented videogames.

My first pc game ever played was Prince of Persia.

I was a fan of Civilization (I and II), the Ultima series (like i said before), Space Quest, and Cyberia.

My first pc game ever played was Prince of Persia.
I played Prince of Persia on Super Nintendo. I loved the music in it. It was hard as hell though. How you had to take tiny steps up the the ledge or jump just perfectly. And you couldn't even save it on the Nintendo.

You couldnt save on the PC either. First game I played porbably was "Striker" and some jumpnrun which name I dont remember. Ah those days of early childhood, Popolous, Sim City, Centurio, Red Baron, Wing Commander, Monkey Island...

Growing up my house had both Macs and PCs so I'm going to grab from both sides.

Mac - Marathon trilogy, Myth, Hellcats, F/A-18 Hornet, CYAC, Most of the Sierra quest games

PC - C&C, Earthsiege/Starsiege/Tribes, Duke Nuke'm 3d, Aces series, Total Annihilation

Wow, I saw someone mention BOTF- I still have a group that throw multiplayer games of that every now and then- if anyone ever wants to join in the galaxy conquering carnage, throw a line!

Starcraft, X-Wing: Alliance (would like to play TIE Fighter but haven't had the time to buy it), Fallout 1 and 2, Mechwarrior games, Diablo 1 and 2, Homeworld, C&C, Half-Life (and its excellent mods), Sin, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, probably alot more, just can't remember them all, cause there's too many damn good games in the nineties. :p

Back