Ok, you've all convinced us: Ep 1 was indeed to easy.

Eder

Mr. Standoff
But, due mostly to popular demand, we're gonna fix that for Ep 2! It'll actually be more like WC2, too, which makes this all even more exciting.

Here are a couple screenshots to show off what I'm talking about. These actually show two changes that we've made to the game, but one of them may be hard to figure out.

Let's see if anyone can figure it out before I come back and tell you all what the changes are. :p

Pretty sure we've shown the Jalthi before, though, so that's probably not the change you're looking for :p.

Hmm it seems that you have added larger planet backrounds. I have no clue how that is harder but I think Im missing something. Unless its the Jalthi but I think I can take them. Not that I am saying that thet'll be easy but...hey. As far as making it more WC2 ish id say you have tweaked the RoF on the guns. Oh and the asteroids move and are harder to evade. I bet that was it.

Just to clarify, the Jalthi's been in Standoff since June 2003. :p
But the new stuff might be something related to the guns, yeah.

Powell´s right about one thing though...

About the other one, it is a matter of looking for something that is not supposed to be there, and it actually isn´t! :p

I wasn't saying that the Jalthi were a change.. I know they've been on the Standoff website for ages at least.

I don't see any ITTS..

Correct - the Rapier and Gladius (as well as some of the sim-only ships) are now ITTS-less. It had been possible all along to remove the ITTS from the game entirely, but we didn't want to do that, since most WC2 ships did have ITTS. Now, thanks to another patch (this time by Pierre), we are able to remove ITTS for some ships while leaving it in place for others.

It's a small change, I know, but we're very happy with it, because it takes us a step closer to WC2ishness.

I know what it is! I know what it is...wait, maybe I don't. ITTS and engine tweaking? Is that it?

You didn't say what powell was right about. I'm going crazy trying to figure out what it is!

ChrisReid said:
I don't see any ITTS..

Right. It was never supposed to exist on the Rapier and Gladius, and now it actually isn´t there. :)

About the other change, from my testing experience I can tell that, before it was implemented, facing a pack of Drakhris, for instance, was easy. Now their claws have been sharpened a lot. Survival is not guaranteed anymore.

Starkey said:
About the other change, from my testing experience I can tell that, before it was implemented, facing a pack of Drakhris, for instance, was easy. Now their claws have been sharpened a lot. Survival is not guaranteed anymore.
To my own limited testing experience, it also makes the player a bit more dangerous. I find it changed the pace; faster, more intense (a cookie to the first person to tell who's quote is that !). Definitlely more WC2-ish.

PopsiclePete said:
To my own limited testing experience, it also makes the player a bit more dangerous.

In some fighters more than in others... At first I was a bit worried about the effects in balancing, but it turned out nicely. In the end, some fighters improved a lot, some not so much, but same goes for the kat fighters, so balancing is fine, IMHO. Some flying tactics adjustments will be required on the players, but the change indeed does make the gameplay more WC2-ish.

My favourite fighters in the game now are the Rapier and the Drakhri.

What I don't get is as to how is this second change visible in the shots?!

No, Aron, it is not that...

And I agree with Karl (cff). Hard to see in the screenshots the second change is.

In my last post there is a slight hint, though... What does a Rapier and a Drakhri have in common?

Eh, well, it's true... not about the orange balls thing, I mean (although that might also be true, I'll be darned if I can remember, though :p ), but about it being impossible to see on these screenshots.

I guess y'all will have to wait for Eder to put you out of your misery :p.

Back