Ok, you've all convinced us: Ep 1 was indeed to easy.

Oh, hello.

You can't fire one gun barrel at a time in Standoff anymore.

If you have 2 neutron cannons and 3 mass drivers, you can only choose to fire neutrons 2 at a time, mass drivers 3 at a time, or full guns.

That's good.. I think I like that better and it'll feel more natural for the time frame.

Eder said:
Oh, hello.

You can't fire one gun barrel at a time in Standoff anymore.

If you have 2 neutron cannons and 3 mass drivers, you can only choose to fire neutrons 2 at a time, mass drivers 3 at a time, or full guns.

Now, if they fire at WC2'ish speed, I can almost forget about the missing ITTS.

...too bad the enemy will tear those ships up even easier now.

Lazy Panda said:
Now, if they fire at WC2'ish speed, I can almost forget about the missing ITTS.

...too bad the enemy will tear those ships up even easier now.

Yeah, that´s actually something I owe to Eder and Quarto..... I´m supposed to provide some data on gun speed, but it´s Saturday and I am typing from my work, so that´s how short on time I am.

Writing down all that data is a priority, though, I´ll finish it up this week.

As dangerous as it was in WC1... A clumsy fighter, with a heavy gun array, just keep your nose away from its frontal guns.

And what are you going to do about collision damage? In WCSO engine, most of the time a collision won't even tickle your shields, but in WC2 it usually ends fatal to one side.

Then again, are aren't many incidents of accidental "bumping" in WC2.

It would've been no problem to have deadly collisions... but it just doesn't work in WCP. You've got so many ships flying around that you'd end up losing most of your wingmen in collisions.

Like in FC. ;)

--Only losing means having your wingmen (and sometimes the enemy) a thousand to a million klicks away-- :D

Starkey said:
My favourite fighters in the game now are the Rapier and the Drakhri.

You fly a Drakhri in Standoff ?In the main game or the simulator ? :confused:

You don't fly a Drakhri in Standoff, not even in the simulator (we have so many Confed ships, the alswantsmoreships cheat is used to make more Confed ships available, not Kilrathi ships). But that doesn't mean you can't like it... or fear it :p.

Quarto said:
Oh, but you should. One Drakhri may be a joke, but a dozen Drakhri will put the fear of God into anyone.

Oh oh :eek: .So you are really serious about increasing the difficulty ;) .Very good

We are serious. :) The best WC2 feeling I noticed is that until now, in the WCP engine, it was very rare for a player to have a sudden death like those we had in WC2.

I mean, sometimes in WC2 I was flying calmly, all stats up, and sometimes 2 Jalkehi showed up. All of a sudden one of them got a missile up my nose and those damned rear turrets would tear my ship up, all happening in a span of 5 seconds, so an ordinary mission became a nightmare just like that. That kind of situation can happen now in Standoff.

Yes sir, it indeedly does. That's what makes 'em Drakhri such fearsome critters - they got three lasers, firing in a mightily un-WCP-like fashion.

Back