Ok, you've all convinced us: Ep 1 was indeed to easy.

We need something from the head, something from the thread, something from the body and something from the dead. :p

PopsiclePete said:
To my own limited testing experience, it also makes the player a bit more dangerous. I find it changed the pace; faster, more intense (a cookie to the first person to tell who's quote is that !). Definitlely more WC2-ish.

George Lucas.

We wanted to do it originally for the most important pilots in the story, but it turned out to be unfeasible with our current technology.

Sometimes wingmen send "background comms" (you hear them speaking in the background, like taunting or asking their wings for damage reports, etc, but you don't actually see their video image or the subtitles)... and when one of the special pilots tried to send one of these background comms, it crashed the game. It's probably some side-effect of our video implementation.

BUT, although we had to drop that feature from the original plan, notice that we've added something that was originally not in my plans, but which fills a similar role... the talking heads cutscenes. In episode 1 we only had one of those, but through the rest of the game we'll introduce all the major characters via cutscenes... so while you won't see who you're talking to in the cockpit, you'll get the chance to see what all the major characters look like.

Back