OK, I'm Idiot

SpaceEagle

Spaceman
OK, I'm an idiot. I went to DL the remake and can not seem to 'get it'. I went for the BT file & got a .exe.torrent. Beyond that I seem to find nothing. Is it necessary to use IE? What file did I miss?

Thanks.

BitTorrent is a P2P distribution method that improves the speed of download for everyone. To use it, you need a BT client such as Azureus. The client reads the Torrent file, then uses the info to simultaneously download and upload bits and pieces of the file until you have the complete file (at which point it just continues uploading until you turn it off). Don't worry, this is a perfectly legal distribution method that does not expose your machine to sharing any files other than the one you're downloading. If you're uncomfortable with this "good neighbor" approach, use the direct download links on the page.

ChrisReid said:
<LOAF> p2p always feels awkward to me, so I try and use the stalls.

Hrumph. You can have my BitTorrent when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers. When there's a large, popular file that everyone wants, there's just no faster way to download it. *Especially* in instances where the users make the download server melt down...

Thanks all for your comments; finally acquired file. But still FUBAB. VS Engine does not like my old computer. Irregardless of settings used will not start. Start screen either locks or not load, even 16bit win. So, will have to wait till update sys & get XP.

also tell me what the files beginning with SDL are in your bin/ directory (SDL.dll SDL2k.dll SDL98.dll try renaming different ones to SDL.dll and see if that fixes the problem)

Vid Card is old ATI Radeon 64M DDR run w/7200 drivers. They are as new as possible. wme-7-99-98-. . . Have not found any newer than that.

There is only 1 SDL file: SDL.dll. That is all there is.

Back when Vega Strike was still rather new the author was very helpful in helping me try to get it operational. If it would start all it would do was go in a circle. But most of the time it was "Lock-Up City". So, all I can do is wait to update system.

ya we fixed the circle bug long ago--I do remember helping you get it working...
does vega strike 0.4.3 work? if so we can probably hack the remake to work on your system too--if not...then there might be other issues--I have a vidcard very similar to yours and it works fine here...
are you sure you have the catalyst 5.4 drivers from ati.com I'm running the 5.2 series here actually

Back