ok, here's the deal

Chevieblazer

Spaceman
now, i've been doing some thinking about this.

i never was all too happy about having to change everything around for wc:messia.

what can basically all agree on, is that it would be awesome to have a real wc1 mod for nexus.
all the ships are still there, it will take about 30 minutes to script the old models back in.

the problem is, i have no story, and my knowlege to the wc1 and 2 era is limited to what was in wc 1 and 2. i don't have the manuals for any, nor the expansion packs, and i didn't even know any novels existed before i stumbled across this website.
so i'll need help with writing a new storyline.
so if you wnat thiscone to happen ,come up with sme suggestions.

there are a few things from messia which are just too cool to throw away, such as the sagitariuds and killerbee fighters, the pretorian destroyer, the deliverance battleship or the bengal mk2

i'd sugget using the two fighters as the wildcat and corsair(pics see the other thread). the deliverance will be the wc1 version of the concordia supercruiser from wcm, and i'd suggest using the bengl mk2 as a prototype of an extended bengal, which never made it into serial production(but can be the "hero" unit of the game). and the pretorian could be used as a model for either the archilles or the falcon or so.

anyways, if you have some ideas for a wc1 storyline, fire away!

Hey, this is great new.

There's alot of skilled fanfic writers out there, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to write you a decent story.:)

well, i hope i'll get a word in or two, but yea, that's what i was looking for:D

btw, i've made a new cockpit for the rapier and raptor(with reflecting surfaces) which solves the discussion of the window color. hope you like it:

the neutron guns come as turrets, so they're not on the mesh until it's ingame, but it is very hard to get decent screenshots there

yes, i know of these ships, brad.
(remember,i was the one who said your other landreich crest looked like a no parking sign)
the point is, i have a few ship designs i'd like to keep from messia, because they're just too good looking to throw away.

this is what i was thinking could be the corsair:

and this id the one i though could make a nice wildcat:

quail, thank you for the offer, i'll PM you asap

I dont see why you cant use them anyway. they are nifty looking indeed. make a different mod down the line with your own concepts maybe?

hmm, not really. see, the first one is a cross between a rapier and a centurion, the second beween a hornet and a rapier. those ships look way too wing commander to really fit into anything else. also, i think while the names are canon, i think pioneers' designs aren't...

seeing as how we've never seen them, and the they were designed off the descriptions in the books (what little there are), you're right i guess.

i have to say, i'm not much of a fan of those fighters. the one you're thinking of using as the wildcat looks TO much like a hornet, and the other...i dunno, just to....bulky.

also, the wildcat mounts 4 guns.

Chevieblazer said:
the problem is, i have no story, and my knowlege to the wc1 and 2 era is limited to what was in wc 1 and 2. i don't have the manuals for any, nor the expansion packs, and i didn't even know any novels existed before i stumbled across this website.
so i'll need help with writing a new storyline.

You don't need any more experience than WC1&2 to write a story in the WC1&2 timeframe. But as others have noted, there's tons of people just dying to write fan fiction that gets noticed. There's no shortage of stories.

Back