Not enough memory

milkshake

Spaceman
Hello.

I have a problem, I bet it's a commen one but here go's

I've installed WC1, iv'e got Mo-Slo but the things tells me that I don't have enough mem which I obviously do.

So could somebody pass me a solution ASAP as I havn't played this game in seven years and I'm relly exited
biggrin.gif

------------------
You Know I do GCSE Cooking, I get A's B's and nothing bellow c's I make Christmas Cake, Shortbread pastry and other Assorted and hard to make delacacys and what do I come home and cook myself?
Microwave Hot dogs!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is about conventional mem; I'll need the contents of the config.sys and autoexec.bat files you're using.

Here it is
Config Sys

DEVICEHIGH=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\DRVSPACE.SYS /MOVE
DeviceHigh=C:\cdrom\nec_ide.SYS /D:CD-ROM
DeviceHigh=C:\cdrom\nec_ide.SYS /D:CD-ROM

and autoexec.bat

@LH C:\CDROM\MSCDEX.EXE /D:CD-ROM /M:10 /V
@LH C:\CDROM\MSCDEX.EXE /D:CD-ROM /M:10 /V
@ECHO OFF
rem
rem *** DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE! ***
rem
rem This file was created by the System Configuration Utility as
rem a placeholder for your AUTOEXEC.BAT file. Your actual
rem AUTOEXEC.BAT file has been saved under the name AUTOEXEC.TSH.
rem

c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\NETWOR~1\VIRUSS~1\40~1.XX\scan.exe c:\
@IF ERRORLEVEL 1 PAUSE

------------------
You Know I do GCSE Cooking, I get A's B's and nothing bellow c's I make Christmas Cake, Shortbread pastry and other Assorted and hard to make delacacys and what do I come home and cook myself?
Microwave Hot dogs!

Hmm... these don't look like the files you'd be using....

Do this: In Windows, hit the Start button and right-click-and-drag "MS-DOS Prompt" to your desktop. Choose "Copy Here" from the menu that pops up. Next, right-click on the new shortcut on your desktop and hit Properties. Hit the Program tab, then click the Advanced button. Make sure the following are selected: "MS-DOS mode" and "Specify a new MS-DOS configuration." Here's what you want to put in the two boxes:

Config.sys:
DOS=HIGH,UMB,NOAUTO
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE RAM 16384 /I=B000-B7FF
FILESHIGH=25
BUFFERSHIGH=25

Just delete anything in the Autoexec.bat section for now.

Then, hit OK. Use this shortcut whenever you want to play the game; it'll restart your machine with the above configuration. When you're done playing WC, just type EXIT at the command prompt to get back to Windows.

Note: this configuration will let you play the game, but at this point, I can only guarantee you keyboard control. You will *probably* have joystick control, but I can't guarantee that, and you won't have mouse control. Additionally, you probably won't have sound. In order for me to help with these things, I need some more stuff from you. I need to know what sound card you're using, and I need you to do a search of your drive for files labelled MOUSE.EXE or MOUSE.COM.

Thanx for your help but don't worry about it. I have a friend with a 486 DXII who can run it. It just needs MoSlo, I don't want to really touch the Autoexec or config.sys as it isn't actully my computer. But thanks anyway

------------------
Microwave Hot dogs!

Well, by setting up the shortcut as I described it, you don't modify the actual files; just the configuration that the shortcut uses.

In any case, if you have it working, it's a non-issue now.

Have fun.

Back