not directly WC related, but maybe will someday...

The question was about what kind of *music* you like, not who's picture you jerk off to.

Amusing Kalk-Bashing aside...

I enjoy listening to pretty much anything... favorite musician is John Prine, go figure.

I like that funky old 30s-50s music, like in fallout. Havn't ever heard it? Go to the record(those big black things that turn on a phonograph(won't even try this if you don't know)) store and listen to one, it can be very good.
-Halman

Mostly Club and Techno, some drum and bass, but also Roxy Music, Chris Rea and Dire Straits
cool.gif
. But when I'm gaming I usually put something orchestral or instrumental on.

[This message has been edited by KrisV (edited May 11, 2000).]

Last edited:
Kris! you like Dire Straits!?!?! WOW i thought i was the only one
smile.gif

i use to be like a die hard fan!
got all there CD's!
smile.gif

right now it's Rap, (Dr.Dre, Coolio, Snoop)
and rock (Limp Bizkit)
other then that i like almost everything, except tecno, trance, dance and all that crap.

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one?! you kidding?! I just love them! I`ve got all their albums. I`ve been a big fan of the Dire Straits for as long as I can remember myself!
I also like Sting, Suzanne Vega and basically all soft rock music.
I`m also a sucker for Video games music (mainly Wing Commander and Sier*a games music) (huh! I just censored myslef
smile.gif
).

Limp Bizcuit isn't rock, i'd say its more of in the genre of "crap"*
smile.gif

rock is stuff like The Who, Uriah Heep, Rolling Stones (mostly old), etc, not to mention the post-grunge rock like Foo Fighters. Not that there was anything wrong with actual grunge, far from it. some of the best music of the 90's.

and no one should go without the prog-rock stylings of King Crimson and the like.

*please don't hate me, i'm just the messenger.

yeah yeah, i know Bizkit isn't "Rock" rock, but i couldn't find the corect words at the time, and "rock" seemd the most apropriat to put in in...it could also be rap, but you know what i mean....

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

My fav music is situated mainly in "the general domain of rock" (I'm not gonna be specific about exactly wich rock style for each band)

Aerosmith, Marilyn Manson, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Metallica, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Live, (a wee bit of) Moby, Rollins band, and of course the one and only...Queen
cool.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I like rap, mostly bilingual stuff though so it isn't too popular outside Quebec.

[This message has been edited by Cricket (edited May 11, 2000).]

I don't particularly like one type of music--Just anything that sounds good. I like Sinatra, Van Morrison, Green Day (there's a switch, eh?), Big Band and stuff from the 1940s are cool, and a lot of the music from the 1950s and -60s. I listen to some of this stuff more than the others, but...

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited May 12, 2000).]

I will listen to any form of music, except country. Although, I usually listen to rock and rap-rock most of the time

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

You know, I`ve participated in this type of dicussion a couple of times, and I`ve noticed a lot of people say: "I like all kinds of music genre, except country"
Makes you wonder how come so many people despise country music? I mean, you never hear them say: I like everything, except Polka music, or Irish music, which I really like... Irish, not Polka.
smile.gif

Anyway, what`s wrong with country? it`s pretty close to rock, isn`t it?

now long ago and far away, in the middile of the idealic 60's and early 70's, southern rock and a lot of country were really just barely on either side of a very fine line, the difference between charlie daniels band and lynyrd skynyrd, but then, alas, rock and country went their seperate ways in the music apocolypse that was the late 70's early 80's, and now country stars are starting to copy many things from rock again, though its not quite the same

Country today seems to be a lot like pop/rock today... the only difference being that Jimmy Averageteen thinks it's not 'cool' to listen to country music, no matter how the same it is
smile.gif

Back