No Paradigm in Standoff?

Fer´kal

Spaceman
Hmm.. just wondering why you did not include Paradigm-Class Destroyers in Standoff?

After all they are the only know Capship the TCN operated in the Fringe Region of Gemini. I know they are not much more then a better Corvette, but was just curios. :confused:

Either because they're not green or because they're not really needed... I don't remember for sure :p.

I also think it would be difficult to make a Paradigm model ? no ?

It doesnt have angles at all.... :)

Similar? In what way? :p The only similarity is that they're both destroyers (although, given the Paradigm's stats, even that is questionable).

I think there's something secret about the Paradigm that we just haven't figured out yet. The Origin FX manual describes them as Confed's most advanced warship, and claims that a Paradigm is flagship of the fleet (it's dated 2663).

Bandit LOAF said:
The Origin FX manual describes them as Confed's most advanced warship, and claims that a Paradigm is flagship of the fleet (it's dated 2663).

no wonder confed was losing the war :D

Quarto said:
The only similarity is that they're both destroyers (although, given the Paradigm's stats, even that is questionable).

i've always thought of the paradigm as a corvette despite the fact they call it a destroyer cause of the stats and also cause the priv manual calls the Kamekh a destroyer, when it clearly is a corvette. if one is called a destroyer when it's a corvette, why not the other?

Bandit LOAF said:
I think there's something secret about the Paradigm that we just haven't figured out yet. The Origin FX manual describes them as Confed's most advanced warship, and claims that a Paradigm is flagship of the fleet (it's dated 2663).
Hmm. Now that's gonna be difficult to reconcile with everything else. Is it possible that it's referring to the fleet assigned to Gemini? That would make sense. And I guess the Paradigm may very well be Confed's most technologically advanced - somehow - warship, which wouldn't necessarily translate into stats (mind you, in 2663, for all we know, its armour and shields may have been considered quite impressive, since that's two years before WC2).
By the way, do you have any sort of information about the size of the Paradigm and the other Priv ships? The Paradigm's size may give us some indication about whether it might actually carry some fighters onboard.

Quarto said:
Similar? In what way? :p The only similarity is that they're both destroyers (although, given the Paradigm's stats, even that is questionable).

Yeah, that and the fact that I think their shape is similar... The Paradigm is always surrounded by Stillettos and BSwords in Priv1, that´s an indication that it might carry some fighters.

Fer´kal said:
Hmm.. just wondering why you did not include Paradigm-Class Destroyers in Standoff?
That's an easy one. I've never liked that design :D I like Gilgameshes and even Exeters a lot better, so even if I decide to add a second Confed destroyer, it won't be the Paradigm.

As for the whole class thing: I say the Paradigm is a frigate, since that's the filename of the sprite in Privateer :p

In Conclusion Eder put in Standoff only the ships he liked,so no Hellcat :p no Paradigm etc. hehe I wonder if you didnt like the Khorsan Class what did you put instead crazy Eder ? :D :D

He does like the Khorsan class, in fact that´s the carrier you´ll be flying off in the game: the TCS Firekka. The Tarawa will be in the game as well.

Hmmm. Did you mean to ask what ship I would use IF I didn't like the CVEs? If that's the case, then your answer is Waterloo. :)

Starkey said:
The Tarawa will be in the game as well.
Yep, and it even has the words "First to Kilrah" written in gold letters near the bow :p

Right, that´s what he meant... I understand that Standoff will have only one Waterloo, right?

Yep. Somewhere in the main campaign, you'll get to help defend the TCS Reims, and saving the ship will mean you might team up with her on later missions.

Tarawa? Very cool. I've always wanted to see someones interpretation of the First to Kilrah capship. Is the model work begun/progressing/finished yet? I'm sure we'd all like to see it.

C-ya

There´s a screenshot up of the TCS Firekka
shot18.png
, which is a sister ship of the Tarawa.

Wonderful, ain´t she? :cool:

The only differences to the Tarawa are the name and number on the bow and on the stern (below the hangar), and the fact that the Tarawa has the special writing on the left side of the deck's forwardmost gun (between the "TCS Firekka", a black square, and the rightmost circular checkerboard thingie on that pic)

By the way, do you have any sort of information about the size of the Paradigm and the other Priv ships? The Paradigm's size may give us some indication about whether it might actually carry some fighters onboard.

No data... but the model does seem to have a little fighter bay on the bottom.

The only differences to the Tarawa are the name and number on the bow and on the stern (below the hangar), and the fact that the Tarawa has the special writing on the left side of the deck's forwardmost gun (between the "TCS Firekka", a black square, and the rightmost circular checkerboard thingie on that pic)

Hmm... don't we already know the names of all nine of the heavy transport conversions?

Aries said:
i've always thought of the paradigm as a corvette despite the fact they call it a destroyer cause of the stats and also cause the priv manual calls the Kamekh a destroyer, when it clearly is a corvette. if one is called a destroyer when it's a corvette, why not the other?

Confed and the Imperials seem to have discrepencies in ship classes ... the Gilgamesh stats are comparable to the WCII Kamekh, and the Waterloo to the Ralatha, for example. (The exception is the Concordia, of course, because she's a purpose built SUPER-DUPER SHIP).

Back