No music in Kilrathi Saga?

Lazy Panda

Spaceman
Salute to the community once again,
I'm really missing the music in WC1/2. All the other WC games go round with the music, but my Kilrathi Saga doesn't have any at all.

Computer used for KS gamg is a 700 Mhz Pentium (I know, I know, it's a relic by now) with Windows 98.

Don't feel bashful, Panda - my WC rig is a P133..

Might be a soundcard issue (is it onboard/PCI?). Might be a driver issue. Might be related to DirectX. Might be an install issue. Might be that you just need to hit CTRL+M to switch on the music.

If this doesn't already fix something for you, give us some more details.

If it should be a pirated copy "abandonware" or something similar than this is normal. No music for pirates I guess...
If it isn't try to play the wavs outside of the game. Do they work?

cff said:
If it should be a pirated copy "abandonware" or something similar than this is normal. No music for pirates I guess...
If it isn't try to play the wavs outside of the game. Do they work?

Aren't the wav-files just the sounds and not the music? At least for me that's the case. The music files in WC2 are: music.r0*
And in WC it's the music.mid.

Anyway: If it's pirated, that is def. normal (I know someone who used a pirated version once). In that case the solution is quite easy: Simply download another copy at www.ebay.com ;)

KS has digital music -- which is why pirates don't include it in their version (the files are much larger than the MIDIs in the original release).

Before I bought WCKS on eBay a year ago, I had the ripped (w1-2 only) version so that I could make sure that it worked well on my system. No music. There was a music file extractor in the version I had, but the game will not run well with those files in use, unless you have a speedy system with hyperthreading.

Either way, buy the saga on eBay for a ton of money, or grab the dos verisions10 bucks and run dos box.

Back