Nice work! (episode 2 spoilers)

yup, I luv M.P. :D and true, its too easy to kill some ships though. But its good that you an actually kill one with a full volley of shots :D

Khan said:
True, I guess I was just being nostalgic ;). It doesn't make sense according to WC canon that the Stiletto didn't win the deal for Confed as its main light fighter, unless it was because the Arrow was its contender and not the Ferrets (not sure).
Well, the Ferret is not Confed's main light fighter - it's a patrol fighter. So, you can't really compare it with the Arrow, because the Arrow is in a different class. And as for the Stiletto... well, either we can assume that it is a patrol fighter designed to replace the Ferret (which is pretty old), or that it's a cheaper light fighter designed for "safer" sectors like Gemini.

(and failing that, we can point to the ship's complex shape, with a rounded hull and all that - it probably would not have translated too well into WC3, and of course it couldn't appear in WC2 because Origin hadn't invented it yet :))

Something else, I noticed that it's far too easy to kill Gothri's in the missions. Having the more nimble ship helps but I can still easily kill it without evading much (which you should have to, against such a powerful ship).
Yeah, it's because they just don't use their rear turrets as much as they should. Not much we can do about it, that's just the way the AI is :(.

One thing I don't get is how quickly the Dorkathi and Kamehk turn. They don't seem to have any momentum at all, but I suppose that's something you can't really fix in Vision.

Needaham45 said:
I used some of the ideas I came up with from that post. I thought about kilrathi physiology to think about how they would have to play an instrument, and that helped me determine placement of notes, then I used some very basic acoustical physics to come up with pitches for an atonal synthetic scale. That also contributed to rhythm (the agility of a Kilrathi's fingers on an instrument for example). From there I thought about warrior-like Earth cultures and their music - a lot of tribal, ritualistic sounding stuff. A lot of awkward dance beats (something where you would need training to be able to dance it it), so that led to me coming up with an asymetrical repeating beat pattern. I used my synthetic scale to come up with a melody and thought about the sounds war-like cultures would like, and kept in mind the idea of cats ( for example, purring. The strings do a tremolo throughout the piece).

The scale I used is as follows (Using post modal chord theory, as I understand it - you assign 1-12, 1 being tonic, and each chormatic note higher being given the next number in the sequence):
1, 4, 7, 8 9, 11, 12
In the key I ended up using (C as the tonic), this became C, Eb, F#, G, Ab, Bb, B

Part of that was me saying "I like how this sounds" and wasn't entirely scientific, although I did use some scientific base in that.

My rhythmic pattern was (in even notes, in my case eighth notes)
1 2, 1 2 3, 1 2, 1 2 3, 1 2, 1 2, 1 2 3, 1-2 3

Some of the ideas discussed in that Kilrathi music thread did find there way in, as you may have heard in the intro.

I don't know if any of that made any sense... if you all are reading that saying... uh... yea... right... I'll clarify.

Wow you really Dig up on it, I didn’t consider the agility of a Kilrathi's fingers on an instrument, but that’s is something I have to keep in mind, I beleave Kilrathi Instruments will be more oriented to horns are percussion instead of Guitars, or sting instruments including Pianos, I believe this because Kilrathis are more Aggressive than the humans, and I do not know is for sure If they were all the time at war, IIRC the home planet of the Kilrathi is a volcanic one, so the cities and arquitecture will be totally different that humans, more like shelters or military infrastructure to keep up the training, leaving them with less time to dedicate to arts, so the instruments might be more primitive and less complex then the Terrans one. I like the track, and like I said before, It will be difficult to fully understand the Kilrathi music. But I like the Idea you wrote and I’m looking fordware to here more of you interpretation of Kilrathi music

Thanks. Yes - I agree, the Kilrathi culture would be more oriented towards horns and brass instruments (hence my use of low brass instruments). A hunting culture - a hunting horn. Percussion too - war drums, and chimes. I used strings as ambience, and distortion guitar to provide a heavy, powerful, but untamed and 'nasty' sound. I also considered the fact that most cultures produce an ethnic flute, and used flute and soprano sax (to try to keep the idea of a more brassy sound). I tried to stay away from mellow sounding instruments such as clarinets.

Back