Nexus

d3r3k

Spaceman
Have you played it?

I picked it up yesterday. I figured if people are making WC stuff for it, it must be worth my attention. Best strategy game I've played in a long time. I like it better than Homeworld.

My only problem with is that some of the secondary objectives in some missions seem exceedingly hard to complete. For example: Defending four freighters from 8-10 enemy ships plus fighter cover and defending a satellite from a volley of missiles.

Defending the freighters isn't as hard as you think. Only 3 of the raptor ships attack the freighters, and they are all the same class. Just focus on those and you should be okay. I'm assuming the satellite you are referring to is the one in Back to Earth that Angel uses to go to Earth. If it is, then that satellite is impossible to protect. I've destroyed all attacking ships well out of range numerous times and it always just blows up, thats how the story goes. :) You should worry more about rescuing the survivor from the Razor, that one gets you a medal.

Hehe, once you get to Nav 1, go directly to nav 7(it should be on scanners by now), you should just make it to the radiation field before the cloak dies. Wait in the radiation until the timer counts down to zero, and you have a sufficient amount of support energy. From Nav 7 head straight to the base and await Angel's instructions. As soon as you are told to launch the commandos, hold position immediately, then launch commandos; you will be detected if you go any further. You might have to veer a bit in between nav 7 and the base due to a scout, but it is very rarely a problem. ;)

I might like to try it, but I'm not into spending $40 on it. It's been out about six months now, but it seems longer (since I was reporting about the Euro release last fall). Seems like the price should've come down a little. Complex games always take an investment too. I've got lots of old games I'm still trying to play and don't ever seem to have the time for.

If anyone's looking for a copy in the UK, Play.com have it on special at the moment for £5.99 delivered. I just placed an order yesterday, as RAT and Chewieblazer's mods seems to be progressing nicely.

Cheers,

BrynS

LOL, that's the biggest one on the Nexus forums too. All I have to say is use gunboats and commandos. Commandos can take out devices in a heartbeat if you get them onboard.

Yeah. Lucky for me I don't have any gunboats and I'm all out of resources. I guess I'll have to be extra sneaky and use the commandos.

Back