NEWS: Apply for the Closed Beta Test!

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
Our team is seriously considering starting a beta test at the beginning of November. There is a caveat, though; the number of beta teaters will be limited. However, we are now accepting applications for the upcoming beta test of Wing Commander Saga, our remake of the famous space simulator universe. To participate in this exciting adventure, To participate in this exciting adventure, fill out the beta tester sign up form.

Beta testers need to meet the minimum computer specifications – detailed on the "About" page – and have internet access.

Interest in games-- especially space sims-- is an advantage, as is any testing experience you might have. Applicants have to be aware that beta testing is not just about playing and having fun with the game, and that there is work involved. Testers will be asked to devote several hours per week to testing and will be asked to test certain missions, weapons, or ships. Testers will also be required to send in bug reports and answer the occational test survey to be able to continue their participation in the beta test.

We are looking for people that can communicate their ideas clearly and have an eye for detail. During the testing process, you will have to explain to us how you found potential bugs and problems in the game and how to reproduce them. We will also ask for your views on game design and playability in order to improve the game. This gives participants several opportunities to contribute to the creation of Wing Commander Saga.

We can't overestimate the value of fresh playtester eyes on the product. As developers, we look at the thing all day, everyday, and to be honest, we lose perspective. When we're able to watch a new "fresh to the game" player run through the game, we get to see the game play out in a whole new way. We get to see when things are good, but more importantly, with the aide of our new set of eyes we can't hide from something that's just not working. We're forced to face it and fix it - which leads to a stronger product.

- Tolwyn

I will send my application soon. Just to ask since you will be providing a beta version of the game from november, how long will the testing last? And the "About" page, wheres that?

Don said:
And the "About" page, wheres that?

That's my fault. I totally forgot, that I renamed the "about" section to "information" during the redesign of the webpage :)

Tolwyn is working on something. Till then good thing to know will be
- Nick from CIC / HLP / WingCenter or realname
- Email
- Country
- have you participated in a betatest before
- your system

I think thats it.

I suppose the question on some peoples' minds is, when will expect a response on who will be the lucky candidates for the beta test.

I wish people below the age of 18 could send an application... :(

Hehe, that's awful. The Saga kids have always had a problem with their interest in pseudoprofessional crap.

Why is there a freaking closed beta in the first place? You do those to build word of mouth, nobody actually tests games that way. Everyone who wants to play Saga already knows about it.

And as of reading the latest news, the WCSAGA website has reported that the sign-up for the Beta-Test of their product has closed.

Yep, that's right :)

We would like to thank everyone who submitted an application to help us beta test the Wing Commander Saga Prologue. If you have been selected as a beta tester, we will contact you as soon as possible at the e-mail address that you have provided for us. If you have not been selected, please don't feel bad or take it personally. We received a very large number of very well-qualified applications, putting us in the difficult position of trying to decide how to narrow things down and choose a more focused number of beta testers. Thank your all for your interest and support, it has been nice to see your enthusiasm. We look forward to this beta test and hope that it will allow us to provide you with a very polished game experience when the Prologue is released. Whether or not you were chosen as a beta tester, you will be able to get your chance to try Saga soon enough.

Back