Newest WC Purchases

Madman,

I used to wear my Cross around all the time and nobody really noticed, so it looks kind of bulky and it's kind of heavy until you get used to it, but unless you're wearing tight shirts nobody will notice it (I wore it to work and I had to wear dress shirts at work).

As for my newest purchases, 2 of them:

1) Sealed 5.25 Version of Wing Commander II. That makes a sealed WC1, WC2 and WC2 Speech Pack in my collection now. I want to find sealed copies of all the main games at least.

2) Privateer Speech Pack. Was stoked to find this again! I haven't seen a boxed copy in years and my box was destroyed long ago.

I missed out on a WC1, WC2, SM1, SM2, SO1 and SO2 auction thanks to a last minute bid by somebody. Grrrr!

I used to wear my Cross around all the time and nobody really noticed, so it looks kind of bulky and it's kind of heavy until you get used to it, but unless you're wearing tight shirts nobody will notice it (I wore it to work and I had to wear dress shirts at work).

That's awesome... I'd love to get one, but I'm pretty sure I'd never ever actually wear it.

That's pretty much my experience--it feels big, but it's pretty much invisible. Until Hunter rips your shirt for some reason.

I missed out on a WC1, WC2, SM1, SM2, SO1 and SO2 auction thanks to a last minute bid by somebody. Grrrr!

Sorry Phantom, I think that was probably me. I was looking for the first 2 games + addons in it's original boxes for quite some time now and these seemed to be in really good condition so I had to get them.

I can assure you they are in good hands. :)

Gah! You just made "the list" Death Angel!

Just Kidding, I hold no ill will, actually I'm glad that it at least went to a Wingnut here. I was actually bidding on it just for the SM and SO pieces. I'm sure I'll come across more eventually. Hell, if I'm able to find the Privateer Speech Pack in good condition, then I'm pretty set actually.

I'm not that disappointed, as I ended up winning the one I REALLY wanted.

I won an auction for WC: Deluxe, WC2: Deluxe and WC3 all in their boxes and in decent shape! It made me so happy because I've never seen a non-Classics big-box WC2 Deluxe in the wild, I've only seen the WC:Deluxe once (and my parents wouldn't buy it for me!) and I've never owned a proper boxed copy of WC3 (my old copy was part of the Origin Pack (with System Shock and Bioforge).

I stuck a Privateer code on the card when I gave my sister her high school graduation present. I think I'll do this every time I send anyone a card for any reason from here forward.

Damn kids. When I was your age I had twenty copies of Privateer! And I had to walk ten miles uphill in the snow both ways to a Japanese auction bidding service to get new ones!

Awesome to see so many people supporting Privateer on GoG here.

As soon as I get my own computer (at a Korean Internet Cafe right now) I will add my support to the list, as I will support absolutely anything with the Wing Commander name attached to it to try to send a message to EA. Add to the fact that it's a fantastic game!

Anyways, just got my Sealed WC2 and Privateer Speech Pack in the mail and thought I would throw up a comment on the conditions.

Privateer Speech Pack: Although this is unsealed and slightly damaged, it is in amazing condition, especially for an addon box. I always kept great care of my boxes for WC stuff (until my sister's aquarium cracked and all the boxes became water damaged!), but this one I just got is in even nicer shape than mine was before the water damage, so I'm even happier with this buy than I initially was. The pictures on ebay actually made it look more damaged than it actually was!

Sealed WC2: Looks like it just came off the store shelves, just like my WC1! So happy about this. The seller was an absolute joy to deal with as well. I put in a lower offer and he rejected it, but told me his lowest price and threw in another game of my choice for free! So I chose the Sega CD version of WC1 to add to my collection. It's not sealed but in very good shape! I would definiitely buy from this guy again if he put up anything else WC.

Still waiting on WC: Deluxe, WC2: Deluxe and WC3 to come in the mail.

Geez, nobody buying anything lately!

Just purchased a SEALED Wing Commander: Kilrathi Saga from amazon.com.

The guy initially wanted $460 for it, but I told him flat out that I wouldn't pay that price and was willing to pay only $250, and the only reason I would pay that much was because of rarity. The most I've paid on a WC item before this was $125 for the sealed WC2.

Alright - I forgot to mention that my WC, SM1, SM2, WC2, SO1, SO2 package arrived 2 weeks ago.

The boxes are in good condition - at least better than anything I had before concerning these games. The content is in perfect condition. I couldn't try the floppy disks - hell, who has a floppy drive anymore these days ;)

Score, Mate!

Look what I got from the used book stores!

picture.php

I picked up End Run at Dons Paperback Exchange in Albuquerque, NM a couple of weeks ago, but no other bookstore in town had ANYTHING! :(

Today work took me to Las Cruces, NM. NEW BOOKSTORES!!! :) I found Action Stations, Freedom Flight (which I had read back in the 90s), Fleet Action, and Heart of the Tiger (which I had read last year) at COAS used books. :D

Now to find The Price of Freedom, False Colors, the movie novelization, and Pilgrim Stars.

You can get the movie novelization and PS on Amazon for less than $5 combined. I got a copy of PS not too long ago for $ .75

But that's a fantastic haul! I do runs around a chain of used bookstores around here and always cruise the scifi section on the lookout for WC novels. No luck so far though.

Back