New Wing Commander web series

jerid13

Spaceman
I am currently in the pre-production stages of creating a Wing Commander series for the web. Here's a few highlights:

• 13 episodes, each around 15 minutes long.
  • Completely computer animated. We've already have a fantastic team of CG modellers and animators.
  • Accuracy in the Wing Commander Timeline.
  • Oh yeah... it will be presented in Widescreen.

Now, we need two things from you guys.

1. I need as much referrance material as possible! If you've got pictures of ANYTHING... ships, fighters, uniforms, helmets, weapons, badges, patches, or anything that even looks like it might be Wing Commander, PLEASE either post the pic here or drop it at my e-mail: nine_cycle@hotmail.com

2. Use this thread to let me know suggestions you may have for such a series.
There's only one stipulation: It has to take place during the Kilrathi War.

Happy Posting!

jerid13 said:
1. I need as much referrance material as possible! If you've got pictures of ANYTHING... ships, fighters, uniforms, helmets, weapons, badges, patches, or anything that even looks like it might be Wing Commander, PLEASE either post the pic here

You need to be *way* more specific than that... That's like going and saying "I need any information and images about Star Wars I can get" or something like that... This is a series that spans a large number of games, a number of books, a TV show and a movie, along with other random things... There's a hell of a lot of material out there and, if it exists, someone here probably has it.

TC's right.. we're talking about literally tens of thousands of possible images, tens of thousands of possible pages of documents, etc. We've been working on trying to organize that stuff for seven years. Projects that begin by asking for help generally go nowhere. If you're serious about doing this, start working and don't stop. If you produce items of substance, the additional material you require will readily flow in.

Ok, Let's be more specific...

1. UNIFORMS - Character modelling is top on our list so I need pictures of uniforms. Dress uniforms, flight uniforms, helmets. For both Terran and Kilrathi.

2. SHIPS FOR WC1 & 2 - I've got plenty of references form the later games but not a lot from the first two. I've checked ship databases and such, but none of them offer GOOD references. Pictures would be great. 3D models would be perfect!

jerid13 said:
Ok, Let's be more specific...

1. UNIFORMS - Character modelling is top on our list so I need pictures of uniforms. Dress uniforms, flight uniforms, helmets. For both Terran and Kilrathi.

2. SHIPS FOR WC1 & 2 - I've got plenty of references form the later games but not a lot from the first two. I've checked ship databases and such, but none of them offer GOOD references. Pictures would be great. 3D models would be perfect!

I've seen WC1 and WC2 era ships are being adapted for the Freelancer engine by some amatour but highly capable people. You might wanna search the net for WC mods for further info. Even in this board, people sent great number of links for such projects.

I've found that when looking for reference for the earlier game's ships, the best place to look is other wc modelers, and the manuals for the games; which offers side, top, and bottom views that can be modified to suit modeling rotoscope needs. The manuals for both wc1 and wc2 are online if I'm not mistaken.

Back