New Wing Commander after Secret Ops

Well as of now Arena is still NOT available in my country and probably never will be ,as lots of old XBOXLIVE games are missing the current list...

I dont get why they wouldnt just add it to their servers ,that doesnt cost a lot...

It's usually a matter of renegotiating the publishing license. After all, XBLA is a means of distribution. Microsoft probably can't be bothered to go back to the companies to get it sorted, especially when XBLA isn't the platform's breadwinner.

I think XBLA makes lots of money, but you're totally right. If Xbox Live has only recently expanded to certain contries, it depends on what kind of agreements were originally negotiated. Certain games may be covered to go everywhere XBLA is while others are contracted for the specific countries that were part of the service when they came out. I guess the overarching point was that if it were easy and profitable to do something, they would have. If they didn't, there must be a more complicated reason.

Unknown Enemy is a mod of Secret Ops. Unknown Enemy Website It is based around the Nephilim conflict.

Standoff was done by most of the same people and has a variety of improvements to SO. Standoff Website Standoff is based on the WC novel "Fleet Action" that covers the Kilrathi's false peace and eventually Earth offensive culminating in the Battle of Earth on New Year's Eve 2668.

yes but I will Wing Commander with Lance Casey and Sttileto,Maestro and Unknow Enemy and Stteandoff looks as old game

Standoff is actually one of the most graphically advanced Wing Commander experiences you can have. It merges the WC2 style with some of the latest graphical advancements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of poor translations, the Standoff team is planning on releasing German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, and Korean language versions of the game, right?

echo

right?

:)

I wish there was a mod that continues the story after secret ops either dealing with confed invading the aliens dimension or something. Those aliens were pretty freaky, I'd like to see the whole story with them continue.

Speaking of poor translations, the Standoff team is planning on releasing German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, and Korean language versions of the game, right?

echo

right?

:)

There's a Japanese translation of Standoff?

I wish there was a mod that continues the story after secret ops either dealing with confed invading the aliens dimension or something. Those aliens were pretty freaky, I'd like to see the whole story with them continue.

There isn't a mod but you can learn about future history from Arena's manual, Star*Soldier.

It's choke full of info. If you haven't read it yet be sure to give it a try!

And no....Standoff is only being translated into InterLac. Sorry.

There isn't a mod but you can learn about future history from Arena's manual, Star*Soldier.

It's choke full of info. If you haven't read it yet be sure to give it a try!

And no....Standoff is only being translated into InterLac. Sorry.

Even though that I can't play Arena, I still consider it awesome that it was made simply because of Star*Soldier. It hearkens back to the awesome manuals that gave so much life to the universe that came with WC1 and WC3 (especially Claw Marks).

Back