new WC project,

Nightomega

Spaceman
Greetings everyone,
please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Myke (Mike with a Y inplace of an I), and I've been an avide WC player ever since I first saw Wing Commander Acdamy on USA Saturday morning Power Block line up.
I've recently come into a determination to create something new to add to the WC community. After tinkering around and working on several other things, I ran across and reference page for Gundam (one of my other favorite things). The page was "The Gundam Project" The thing that kept me coming back for more at this page, was that the creator didn't give you the basic "Here's this mechs stats and here's what this guy did with this mech" bs. Yes that was part of it. But he also gave you the history of the universe it took place in. He explained why things worked the way they did. He explained who made the first move during the battles.
And now I want to make something simalar to that, but for Wing Commander. So, I am asking for people to help me create
"The Dinifinative Interactive Fan Guide To Wing Commander" By interactive, it will be a series of Microsoft Power Point Presentations that will work like a Web site. You will be able to explore the "World" of Wing Commander and see when the wars started. You can look at speccific profiles and see when Christopher Blair was named the "Coward of K'tithrak Mang" and much more. I'm also planning on including alternate sections to cover the Movie and such.
I'll be doing most of the end case production work of it. By that I mean compiling it into the final project as I see it. However, it's the stuff up to that point that I will need help with. Below is a list of things I need for the project. Speccificly people.

1) I need people who have knowlage of the all the Wing Commander games, including Prophacy Sec Ops, Privateer and Armada. If possible, have the manuals for the games.
2) I need artists to draw the images of ships, people, weapons, star systems and the like. CG skills are no required but they are appreciated.
3)Writers. I intend to include "essays" about how the war with the Kilrathi started, Why the Battle of Rapletah went the way it did, and Why Tolwin did what he did with the Black Lance.

That's about the size of it right now. If you have any questions, concerns or thoughts, you can either post them here or email them to me. Thanks agian everyone

Well if you want help with artistical stuff I'll be happy to dust off the pencils and paper :)

I have manuals for most of the games (WC1 somewhere, WC2, WC3, Priv1, and Armada) dunno if it'll help much but I'm happy to help :D

LOAF is your man.I also have a good knowlege of Wc series ,and lots of other people here. I got all original manuals,4/7 books etc.
But LOAF is a WC ensyclopedia himself:)

Originally posted by Wolfman
Well if you want help with artistical stuff I'll be happy to dust off the pencils and paper :)

I have manuals for most of the games (WC1 somewhere, WC2, WC3, Priv1, and Armada) dunno if it'll help much but I'm happy to help :D
Great. Do you have a sample or something I can see? I don't doubt your abilities or anything, it's just that some people are better at drawing people and others are better at drawing mechanics. That's all I want to check.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
LOAF is your man.I also have a good knowlege of Wc series ,and lots of other people here. I got all original manuals,4/7 books etc.
But LOAF is a WC ensyclopedia himself:)
Great, sounds like the Guy I wanna talk to. Anyone got an email address or something I contact him at?

Great. Do you have a sample or something I can see? I don't doubt your abilities or anything, it's just that some people are better at drawing people and others are better at drawing mechanics. That's all I want to check.

I'd say 50/50 at both people and craft, try to get some done for you soon. (Probably WC1)[

Yahoo's telling me the folder's currently empty (although the used space appears at the bottom). Did you make it public viewable?

yeah, I just found out. Yahoo's changing it policy (Agian!) and if you don't have a yahoo ID you can't download a file. I'm exploring other options for allowing people to look at them. If anyone's got an idea or suggestion, please let me know.

If you're looking for team members, you should probably get a website up. I think Tripod and Geocities are still free.

Also, since it's a Wing Commander project you can try applying at solsector.net or asking at blacklance.org

Back