New WC Games

Saturbo

Spaceman
Who agrees with me that the WC movie was a shameful, steaming pile of feces on a stick? I am afraid to tell anybody who has been unfortunate enough to have seen the movie that I am an ardent follower of the franchise.

When will the next game in the series be released? Are there any games in the pipe right now? Prophecy was excellent. Every game in the series was excellent. My only issue thus far in the entire series has been the weird way jump points were used in Prophecy 2. The game was good though.

Every game has been good, and improved in each successive release. The stories have been great (ESPECIALLY WC1 Secret Missions 1!) I would LOVE to see the next game in the series SOON!

R.S. Saturno, Jr.
Hawaii by way of California

I would be more careful when expressing my opinion in such colourfull ways. Though I admit I didn't like the movie as a Wing Commander movie (which is everyone's right), I don't think it's a bad movie in itself. The soundtrack is excellent as are the SFX.

It has been really quiet about new WC games since SOPS and it doesn't seem to change in the near future. But there's always hope.

I agree with Mekt-Hakkikt totally.

However, as I was taught here early on, it is still part of the Wing Commander universe. Truly, whether we like it or not....

I saw the movie. I didn't think it was too bad. The ships and plot were off on a different path than what I am used to seeing from the WC universe but it was still a decent movie.

I would also like to add my input on the matter. The movie was ok, I wouldn't go so far as to say stinking pile of feces, but it was.. ok. Nothing like how a WC movie should be, but whatever. What is done is done. But yeah, I just beat Secret Ops today (I was on a WC hiatus due a broken PC) and would personally like to see a new game in the near future.

Well, Secret Ops did have an almost anticlimactic Boring ending. Whoop-de-do, you go and capture the Accreation device. Nothing really special. I thought it was easier than many other missions. Well, it opens up room for a sequel. That's it.

Personally, I like the ending where the bugs take out Sol Station:D

Well, taking control of that accretion devices does have a lot of strategic importance. It lets us take a good look at how wormhole technology works, and it gives us the chance to take the war to the Nephililm on their own turf.

Best, Raptor

The WC movie was good entertainment on a saturday night with nothing else on. It never made the cinemas here so I have only seen it on video (nobody seems to sell the (R2) DVD, wtf?)
It was not on the level I would want a WC movie to be, but otherwise okay. Budget problems mostly, I'm afraid.

Originally posted by Frosty
Sounds like you need to move someplace that ain't so Dutch.
Yeah, that'll work, I'll just emigrate! :rolleyes:
Seriously, anybody know of an Internet store that has it? amazon.co.uk doesn't, bol.com doesn't, freerecordshop.nl doesn't so I'm lost.

I could obtain the German version of the movie and send it to you, though I don't know what languages are featured on it. But that wouldn't matter, since I found it quite possible to understand most of Dutch movies despite only speaking German. ;)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I could obtain the German version of the movie and send it to you, though I don't know what languages are featured on it. But that wouldn't matter, since I found it quite possible to understand most of Dutch movies despite only speaking German. ;)
Don't Germans redub everything? We just subtitle. I also prefer to watch without subtitles, but sometimes it can be noisy in the room or I'll show it to other people who aren't as good with English as I am. If you can confirm it to have English audio and Dutch subtitles it's good, and I might do that.
Btw, does the WCM DVD have any extras?

Almost everything is redubbed, that's true. (Though the quality of the translaton very often sucks badly when you know the original). I'll check what the German DVD has as languages.

As features, I don't think that it has something special: some trailers probably.

At the time, I completely hated the WCM, even more-so as I brought nearly half the people I know to see it and had to listen to them rant for hours. However, in retrospect, the movie really wasn't that bad. I mean, it was NOTHING compared to what it could have been, but it really wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

As for new WC games, I don't think they have anything in production, or probably even on the board, (except Fan Projects) you may wish to look into those, as some (like Unknown Enemy-for me) looks really bad ass.

Almost everything is redubbed, that's true. (Though the quality of the translaton very often sucks badly when you know the original).
That's because it doesn't only needs to be translated, it also needs to be resynchronised (ie it must fit the mouth movements of the actors). Subtitles are only translations (sometimes a little shorter so you can actually read them in the time they are on screen) and are therefore often better.
A lot of DVDs in the Netherlands also contain German and French audio tracks, next to the original English, so I wouldn't be surprised if the German DVD turns out to be the same one as the one that was sold in the Netherlands.

I would be more careful when expressing my opinion in such colourfull ways. Though I admit I didn't like the movie as a Wing Commander movie (which is everyone's right), I don't think it's a bad movie in itself. The soundtrack is excellent as are the SFX.

It has been really quiet about new WC games since SOPS and it doesn't seem to change in the near future. But there's always hope.
but how menny peaple saw the movie then got into the games or the novies;)

Back