New WC Animation

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Well, was doing some testing and put together a short little WC animation. Nothing too elaborate but a lot of fun so I thought I would share with the community. First up, the music track in this clip is by Mike Ducharme (aka Felagund) so let me give him credits right here for that. It's a great track that he recorded originally for Vegastrike but he posted it here at the CIC and I really liked it so I borrowed it for the clip.

http://www.ctfboc.com/movies/3d/testlong.wmv

Also, I found on my old hard drive the WC models that I created shortly after I first joined the CIC so I thought it would be neat to do a big battle animation, so that will probably be my next project. The meshes are extremely low poly and have poor texturing so you'll have to endure that.

cool stuff. the effects and camera work were good, maybe a bit to busy though. the biggest thing i could suggest is study some gun camera footage, or airshow footage to get a really good feel for closing speeds. the ships are moving way to slow, while its nifty that you get to see these long protracted firing shots, two ships traveling at combat speed would close on each other a lot faster than what you've got going on there.

its a great effort otherwise!

BradMick

what programs did you use doing the animation and implementing the sound?
I also think its a fine little movie. keep up the good work. :)

Its allways nice to see new animations from you.

I got two things to say...as said before the ships could move a little bit faster or the cam should not keep the same relative position for to long.
Second...sometimes I loose the oriantation. When viewed the first time I got the feeling that their where two Raptors and only one Krant.
Also sometimes I thought ships where flying backwards because I never saw them turn around.

Else I like the effects and models. Also lighning seams to have improved since the last vid I remember. You make good progress keep it on.

Raptors are my favorite fighters from WC1...:) The krant is a really cool looking Kilrathi ship though. Grattha were the worse to tangle with.

Thanks for sharing, Maj. Striker! :)

Another cool animation with various elements. Even though the texturing was fairly basic, the lighting and shadowing stood out, while the flow and shot progression (the cockpit view was a nice touch) as well as Mike Ducharme's music all created a neat package.

As mentioned, the pace could be upped quite a bit in future and perhaps the weapons (re-)fire could be toned down -- those capacitors need to recharge. :cool:

Thanks again and I look forward to the next animation!

Cheers,

Bryn

Back