New take on Hellcat V

NightBall06

Spaceman
Hey Guys,
lately I have been doing an evolution study on Klavs his incredible „Wildcat“.
When I first saw his Modell, I did like it a lot, but i felt it to big, or to „fat“ as a Hellcat. So i wanted to do it myself - But since I am no 3D-artist, I had to Photoshop my way through it...
I hope you like it nonetheless.

My thoughts were: What would ConFed do after the battle for earth while in desperate need for new Fighters? - They would take what they could find and update it with the latest Tech...

So my goal was to keep the basic elements of Klavs‘ incredible Design, while „developing“ it further and also getting closer to the original In-Game-Hellcat.

I’d be glad for some feedback and -
430CCCF4-0281-47F7-BD5B-FB28AAEE9CD3.jpeg
Maybe out there is a 3D artist who could help me for more views - otherwise it’ll take quite a lot more Photoshop hours ;)

Last edited:

NightBall06

Spaceman
I like it! NIce work!
Thank you very much :) Means a lot hearing this from you.
I do have a question/request though:
Could you give me a few more „views“/angles from your Wildcat?
Like plain top-view, front-view, and rear-View?

I would like to „transform“ them as well via Photoshop (it‘s quite relaxing) - but I do need a Basis to start from 🤷🏼‍♂️
Thanks a lot in advance

L.I.F.

Vice Admiral
I definitely like this Hellcat too! Any idea whether it would be possible for someone to make it into an actual model following this design route? After all, it could make for a pretty interesting take on a hypothetical Nephilim War refit of the old workhorse, à la Arrow.

NightBall06

Spaceman
I definitely like this Hellcat too! Any idea whether it would be possible for someone to make it into an actual model following this design route? After all, it could make for a pretty interesting take on a hypothetical Nephilim War refit of the old workhorse, à la Arrow.
Thank you :)
Funny thing is, that what you‘re saying is what I was secretly hoping for 😁

L.I.F.

Vice Admiral
Thank you :)
Funny thing is, that what you‘re saying is what I was secretly hoping for 😁
🤔 I had to Google what you meant, but now i know at least. Guess I will watch a few tutorials and then give it a try.
If you manage to get a textured version out, it's definitely going into the Homeworld Remastered mod, probably in the DLC that'll cover the Nephilim War ships (if you'll be OK with it, of course). :)

NightBall06

Spaceman
If you manage to get a textured version out, it's definitely going into the Homeworld Remastered mod, probably in the DLC that'll cover the Nephilim War ships (if you'll be OK with it, of course). :)
I‘d be honored 😊
... but that means, I have to get it in 3D first and then the textures. It‘ll take some time...
also I need to find a Solution for myself to My „engine-problem“: I like the the original Version with the engines inside the Wings, while the bottom side of the wings go a Little up...
On the other side Klavs‘ take with its bigger engines is quite interesting as well...
Don‘t know which way I‘ll be turning yet 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited: