New ships

You've got a point, there's no denying it. The Kilrathi developed the Sivar dreadnought w/Phase Transit Cannon, then a cloaking device (if you can call that a "super" weapon), then the bio-weapon they attacked Locanda with, Hakagas, and that gigantic dreadnought Thrakhath rode around in during WCIII. The thing I'm getting at though is that even though Confed came up with a few nice superweapons on their own (see: Behemoth, Temblor Bomb, Morningstar w/Mace nuclear missle) they never seemed to make widespread use of that technology. It was as though they invented something really useful, trotted it out one time, and set it to the side. The Kilrathi superweapons, with the exception of the Sivar, cropped up repeatedly once they were developed. All I'm saying is, Confed seems squeamish about using these superweapons once they're developed, and in a hostile galaxy...that's just gay.

There may be a second Behemoth in existance, the Temblor Bomb isn't much use against most planets, there's no reason the believe the morningstar didn't go into production... and the Mace certainly did, since we see it later.

That's the first I've heard about a second Behemoth possibly floating around out there. Where'd you hear that from? And as far as the T-bomb not being much use against most planets, I'd respond by saying that while it's true that the weapons was designed specifically to take advantage of Kilrah's special tectonically unstable features, I'd be willing to bet that a 93-gigaton bomb would have plenty of military applications even if it didn't shatter an entire planet.

It was not so much a super carrier along the lines of suspected Kilrathi design, but more a Stealth, heavily armored battlewagon with upgraded shielding that was proof against medium-yield antimatter warheads. There were rumors as well of a super weapon to be carried on the new ship, but that was an even darker secret.

that is a direct quote from Fleet Action and is all that is known about Omega. built around the same time as the Hakaga class but never used in the war, afaik

Ah, okay. I thought you might be referring to the vague secret weapon referred to in Fleet Action, but it's been so long since I read that last I couldn't remember what the deal was with that. Thanks.

Originally posted by aclove
That's the first I've heard about a second Behemoth possibly floating around out there. Where'd you hear that from?

Prophecy Guide... apparantly... which I, sadly, lack.

And as far as the T-bomb not being much use against most planets, I'd respond by saying that while it's true that the weapons was designed specifically to take advantage of Kilrah's special tectonically unstable features, I'd be willing to bet that a 93-gigaton bomb would have plenty of military applications even if it didn't shatter an entire planet.

The Temblor isn't 93 gigatons... where'd you get that from? It's listed as 273 megatons on the screen in the briefing...

Yeah, the WCP guide, when discussing the Tiamat, makes an offhand reference to the Behemoth. It uses the present-tense, but I think it would be safe to assume that it's referring to the Behemoth we lost in WC3. I mean, I just don't see why Confed would build a second one.

The 93 gigaton figure came from the WCIII Unauthorized Strategy guide. I'm not surprised that it conflicts with something quoted in the game that I never caught, being that it's unauthorized and all.

...even though Confed came up with a few nice superweapons on their own (see: Behemoth, Temblor Bomb, Morningstar w/Mace nuclear missle) they never seemed to make widespread use of that technology...
It's not Confed's fault that the Behemoth blew up... blame it on Borst and de Palma. :)

Originally posted by TC
...and the Mace certainly did [go into production], since we see it later.
Unfortunately, with a much smaller warhead. Similar situation to the Excalibur, I assume.

I'd be willing to bet that a [237-megaton] bomb would have plenty of military applications even if it didn't shatter an entire planet.
I think the point is that there are much more efficient ways to output that energy for the applications you refer to, since the Temblor bomb was specifically designed to disrupt techtonics rather than just being a conventional bomb.

Also except the Behemoth,T-Bomb and Mace developed (at least the prototypes used) about 2668-2669,near the end of war.Why spread such deadly tech after the war was ended?
They (Confed) even reduced the Torpedo`s power.

But in the Torp`s stats ,the damage they cause is much much smaller!

You are right about the armor!It got better (the shields too ,but the torps penetrate the shields anyway,like there is no shield )
but I also think they reduced the warhead`s damage,cause there was no war anymore.....

Back