New Flight Cmdr Features

eddieb

Vice Admiral
Some new features I've completed that will be in the next version:

A 3d ship viewer in the gameflow. Potentially this could also be used for choosing ships before a campaign mission or simulator mission. Ships spin much like in the Armada days for easier viewing.

shipviewer.jpg

Also, you can now directly use 3d models in Flight Commander without going through a special Flight Commander conversion. I now read the standard Wavefront .obj
3d file format directly. As an example, here's a Rapier 2 model which was created by Cyberion and posted to wcnews a few days ago.

rapier2fc.JPG

SHOOT!

Wish I could dl but my machine is about to be reformated and all my files are already back-up'ed and burned to dvds.

Ahh! Most excellent. Making my campaign will be much easier now, with the ships not needing a special conversion.

It's great how much you're getting done. Other fan projects worked on and off for several years without accomplishing what you've done in the last six months.

ChrisReid said:
It's great how much you're getting done. Other fan projects worked on and off for several years without accomplishing what you've done in the last six months.

Well, the Standoff team is making a mod for a pretty unmodable engine, and SAGA... well... you know.

Well, I always tip my hat to Vega Strike, Standoff, and UE. But as they say, sometimes the most efficient committee is the committee of one :) .

Dyret said:
Well, the Standoff team is making a mod for a pretty unmodable engine, and SAGA... well... you know.

I didn't really have any of those in mind. There's a dozen others which are way behind those. WC Marine Corps, Rebel Assault, the X-Wing Alliance TC, WC Time Crisis, WC Escape Velocity, the Wasteland Incident, the Solsector WCRPG, the Macross Secret Ops mod and who knows how many others.

I like the way the rapier looks against the midway, as an obsolete fighter that it should be in the timeline.

Mace said:
I like the way the rapier looks against the midway, as an obsolete fighter that it should be in the timeline.

It's quite good looking there. Confed wouldn't be using it anymore, but the design is only 25 years old, so it's certainly viable for some uses.

Back