New Flight Cmdr Adventure Game - April Fools

eddieb

Vice Admiral
I'm making a new Sierra style Wing Commander adventure game.
Check out the screenshot of Blair meeting Paladin for the first time.
Development is coming along well, I found a nice editor for the SCI (Sierra Creative Interpreter) game engine. A little more scripting, and we have a new adventure game.

sq2.gif

Awesome... I'm a little confused on if this is a separate project altogether or if youare somehow actually incorporating it into Flight Commander though.

Awesome... I'm a little confused on if this is a separate project altogether or if youare somehow actually incorporating it into Flight Commander though.

No, its a separate project from Flight Commander, it uses scripts for Sierra's engine. I'm not making a new engine, just scripting a new Wing Commander story using the old engine SCI of Space Quest.

Ok, cool. but you really should find a way to put it into flight commander. I think it would be the bee's knees if you could - instead of cutscenes - play through adventure game segments between missions.

<looks at time of post>

This was posted on April Fool's Day for me... but probably not for Americans... I'm confused, this is a serious project? Sounds intriguing if it is.

Seems fishy. In the immortal words of my favorite president, "fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Well, sir, I expect you to get fooled again!

April Fools' joke or not, I'd actually like to see something like this happen for real.

Just not at the expense of an existing project, like FC. :p

Can you go with the icons like the eyeball and hand instead of typing out every action for the player to take, or is the game engine totally different then the icon version.

So many positive comments on this joke, maybe it could be a reality if someone had the time/effort.
HP calculator? it looks exactly like my TI-83 from late 90's.
Well, you could use raycasting, like wolfenstein3D, that it can handle.

April fools! Thanks to AD, NinjaLA, Dundradal, Michelle D for falling for it. All in good fun. Yes it was from space quest II,

To be fair, I would have questioned it more if it hadn't actually been posted on the 31st... and I was in the know for my second post.

OK, Maxis completely copied my April Fool's joke from 2006!!!

* Wed April 1, 2009
Dungeons of Spore
* Maxis is bringing back old school in a massively single-player quest scheduled for release on Ti-83s and higher in early 2011. Play the trial online to get ready for this highly anticipated game.
* item More Info

See http://www.spore.com/what/news

Back