New FC campaign; Wing Commander: Affliction

Winnyfred

Rear Admiral
Started this today, all my other ideas went down the drain, couldn't get them to work. I got a splash screen and the splash screen song in a file, and looking for a way to upload it, it looks really nice, as far as I see it. I'll post it as soon as I can.

You can do what I did and start up a website with geocities.com.

You should probably also stwitch to a new mail account anyway if you can't send out e-mails.

And to get a website with geocities you actually have to sign up for a yahoo e-mail account, anyway.

Winnyfred said:
Started this today, all my other ideas went down the drain, couldn't get them to work. I got a splash screen and the splash screen song in a file, and looking for a way to upload it, it looks really nice, as far as I see it. I'll post it as soon as I can.

You should just be able to use the attachment feature to add a screenshot to your post. Or alternately you could use something like photobucket and use the IMG tags. A service like filefront would be fine for hosting other small files and you could just share the download link in your post.

It's a good screen shot but the font is wierd. The coloring makes it hard to read and it's not filling the insides of the letters.

Thats how I made it. It was going to be dark red but i had trouble fixing that up. Also, if anyone could tell me how I can set up downloads, that would be nice.

Winnyfred said:
I got a website now, its pretty basic and its got the splashscreen but not the music for it. The website is; http://www.geocities.com/winnyfred2/ tell me what you think of it.
Just a question but your premise seems to be full of plot holes. I think you might want to change the part about you being a Nephilim and make it that you stumble across something that reveals the weakness about the Nephilim but only you saw it and your COs think you're lying. The whole blood of the Nephilim thing sounds impossible and pretty much contradicts everything else you said in there.

I not sure if I like the shot, but I like the intro, however, being part human and Nephilium doesn't sit well with me, I mean genetically I don't think this is possible.

Upload the file, place a text box on the page, write in whatever text you want to the describe the file as, highlight that text, click the "link" button that is up on the toolbar, click on the drop-down arrow that is on the left-hand side of the dialog box that has just appeared, then select "file", next click the drop-down arrow on the right-hand side and select the file you want to link, finally click okay and save and all that.

Dran said:
I not sure if I like the shot, but I like the intro, however, being part human and Nephilium doesn't sit well with me, I mean genetically I don't think this is possible.

Nephilim

Will that let them download it? Or just let them see it on the web page? Anyway, I'm getting the first mission set up. I decided that shields didn't make it that fun, you have no shields now. I have remoduled 2 ships. The Piranna new name is the F-33/Raptor it has no ion guns or laser, just 2000 rounds of stormfire. The Tigershark is known as the F-13/Maveric. It has stormfire of 2000 rounds, and ion guns, along with the charge mass.

That procedure will set up a download, as long as the files are not of certain types like mp3s and picture files (maybe a few others). You will need to zip the files you want people to d/l

Very interesting opening theme I must say, but you probably will want that music played as the gameflow.

As for your current mission download setup, you should be able to have more than one mission on the site--the files are not that large especially if you zip them.

Can you send e-mails from your new yahoo account?

Ah, then I have a problem. The song and picture require the mp3 and JPG at the end and won't go on the website unless it has that.

All you have to do is place both the music and picture in a folder, then right click the folder and send to a compressed file. Now just upload that file.

All right, thanks. I'll update my site as soon as real life gives me a break. I barely have enough time for this.

Back