New Dungeong Siege Trailer - Now With WordArt (February 19, 2007)

Its not a Lord of the Rings film. Its a film that rips off Lord of the Rings and has a title that wants you to think its Lord of the Rings but it absolutely has NOTHING to do with Tolkien's books.

Its directed by Uwe Boll, who has made such films as Bloodrayne (At #76 on IMDB's bottom 100), Alone in the Dark (#39 on IMDB's bottom 100), and House of the Dead (#23 on IMDB's bottom 100).

The film has been finished for a little over a year now but he hasn't found a distributer because he's pissed off the last and only distrubiter who'd work with him, ROMAR (He blamed THEM for Bloodrayne's failure).

The film will most likely end up on IMDB's bottom 100 but I'm sure you guys will love it.

Its not a Lord of the Rings film. Its a film that rips off Lord of the Rings and has a title that wants you to think its Lord of the Rings but it absolutely has NOTHING to do with Tolkien's books.

Its directed by Uwe Boll, who has made such films as Bloodrayne (At #76 on IMDB's bottom 100), Alone in the Dark (#39 on IMDB's bottom 100), and House of the Dead (#23 on IMDB's bottom 100).

The film has been finished for a little over a year now but he hasn't found a distributer because he's pissed off the last and only distrubiter who'd work with him, ROMAR (He blamed THEM for Bloodrayne's failure).

The film will most likely end up on IMDB's bottom 100 but I'm sure you guys will love it.

I'm looking forward to it, but then again I love bad movies

It's like getting to see what Uwe Boll would have done with the Lord of the Rings license

I don't see anything in the title that has anything to do with Tolkien's novels, unless you're insinuating every movie with the word "King" in the title is attempting to elbow in on that book cycle.

its not a tolkien rip-off. Its a movie based on the world depicted in the Dungeon Seige games, which has a pretty good plot of its own. It doesn't really need hobbits as plot devices.

Well, one geek enought could make the point that Dungeon Siege rips off D&D, which in turn rips off LOTR, but that would probably be silly.

Well, one geek enought could make the point that Dungeon Siege rips off D&D, which in turn rips off LOTR

Which rips-off folklore world 'round. Anyone who's going to start that pissing match had best finish it and I've never known anyone on the internet to do that.

Its not a Lord of the Rings film.

Yeah.

Its a film that rips off Lord of the Rings and has a title that wants you to think its Lord of the Rings but it absolutely has NOTHING to do with Tolkien's books.

As I wrote in the first sentence, it's based on the Dungeon Siege series.

Its directed by Uwe Boll, who has made such films as

I mentioned that in the last update https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/7117

Why's that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why's that?

Because Uwe Boll is propably the worst director in the history of movie making !!

I can't understand why he gets this 30-40 Million budgets again and again.

Don't get me wrong: the stories he wants to take to the movies mostly have real potential, but Boll is just the wrong guy to make a gripping movie out of them.

With Dungeon Siege it will be the same.

The story would have the potential for a big movie with a broad audience (not as broad as LotR or Narnia, but nevertheless...)

Boll will make a movie that:
- gets very bad critics
- is boring for average cineasts, older than 20
- will only interest freaks, geeks and 15 years old boys without a girlfriend

sorry, my opinion

Because Uwe Boll is propably the worst director in the history of movie making !!

I can't understand why he gets this 30-40 Million budgets again and again.

Don't get me wrong: the stories he wants to take to the movies mostly have real potential, but Boll is just the wrong guy to make a gripping movie out of them.

With Dungeon Siege it will be the same.

The story would have the potential for a big movie with a broad audience (not as broad as LotR or Narnia, but nevertheless...)

- gets very bad critics

sorry, my opinion

I think Chris was refering to Maverick's Soul's snarky remark "I'm sure you guys will love it." Chris and everyone else here is full well aware that this is a Uwe Boll movie. And Maverick_Soul's attitude got him a short vacation from the forums last time around. THere's no reason why Wing Commander fans would like Uwe's movies any more than anyone else. The fact that some of us happen to like the WC movie and can objectively look at it's real flaws, has no bearing on our opinion of the dungeon siege movie, which is only reported here because 1/ it has multiple WC alumni in it, and 2/ it's a video game based movie.

OMG, they're doing a movie based on Dungeon Siege...that game is almost as generic and D&D. I guess it could be better than that D&D movie. (needless to say I never could get through Dungeon Siege...too boring. Well, at least it has Paladin in it.

Which rips-off folklore world 'round. Anyone who's going to start that pissing match had best finish it and I've never known anyone on the internet to do that.

Yeah. Anyway, I think that Dungeon Siege has more to do with D&D in terms of story than with LOTR. But no one want's to be compared with the D&D movie.

- gets very bad critics
Wait... you mean, Boll will make a Dungeon Siege movie that appeals exactly to the Dungeon Siege market segment... and this is a problem? :p

Because Uwe Boll is propably the worst director in the history of movie making

I can name about seven or eight directors infinitely worse than Boll. Ed Wood, Burt I Gordon and Joe D'Amato come to mind.

I remember reading about in PC gamer about , what a year ago? I noticed the movie... for all of 5 seconds. Also, I think Maverick's_souls snide comment was about the Wing Commander movie.(I dont have an opnion on the WC movie, since i've never seen it)

Its not a Lord of the Rings film.
Obviously. Chris said right in the news post that it's a Dungeon Siege film.
Its a film that rips off Lord of the Rings and has a title that wants you to think its Lord of the Rings but it absolutely has NOTHING to do with Tolkien's books.
I like the title. It doesn't make me think it's a LotR movie. Tolkein's books aren't that great, anyway.
I don't give a fuck what IMDB thinks. Only my opinion matters.

Incidentally, it looks cool to me.
Why does a movie have to be "gripping?" Why do you have to be gripped to enjoy a film? Everybody needs big, fat, important adjectives so they can get their self-importance on. Every time someone vomits out a descriptor like "gripping" or "epic" or anything similar, I want to punch him in the neck. Let's be satisfied with being entertained by the movie, and worry less if we'll look cool for having seen it.

Uwe Boll's movies aren't high art. They don't need to be. I've never been offended by anything he's worked on, and I don't expect I'll find any reasons to actively hate this movie, either.

My friends and I will go see the movie and enjoy ourselves, while all you kids who are too cool to have a good time can sit at home, alone again, and pat yourselves on the back.

Back