New Constantinople destroyed, gone!

dan_w

Spaceman
Allright, captain, you were saying..
"What happened is that somehow a Steltek Scout was spawned while unscripted. In WCU, the Steltek Scout carries a base-killing energy net weapon (like the Foreshadow in LEXX)."
Never saw LEXX if it is a movie; never played it if it is a game. But I've experienced planet busting rays in Masters of Orion, if that's what you're talking about.
Now, you're saying that a green egg was attacking New Constantinople?

EDIT:
My original post, misplaced at the remake forum:
"Strange things going on in WCU. Was this supposed to happen?, or
is it a bug, or what?
There were Confeds, hunters, pirates, and a ship showed up as "nephilim" or something. This one seemed to be attacking the station. I killed it with two missiles; couldn't tell who else was attacking the capital station. I was just passing by, and all this was going on. Then suddenly New Constantinople blows up in a big fireball. I thought maybe the next time I'd come around it would be there again, but no, it was gone for good...
What the Hell is going on, spirit?"

Not the green egg, the other Steltek ship. Internally, nephilim and steltek are the same faction for most things. (not the case in the story, but currently the case in the code)

Oh, I think I get it: That nephilim ship had steltek weapons?

EDIT:
And does this mean that wherever they attack, stations will be gone?
What happens when all stations are gone?

Well, it's NOT a nephilim ship -- it's a steltek ship. It should NOT have spawned by itself, so thanks for finding a bug. And I guess that if you do piss off the Stelteks somehow, they WILL destroy civilization... hehe.

spiritplumber said:
Well, it's NOT a nephilim ship -- it's a steltek ship. It should NOT have spawned by itself, so thanks for finding a bug. And I guess that if you do piss off the Stelteks somehow, they WILL destroy civilization... hehe.

I guess I will save humanity, by reloading an older savegame... ;-)

I shall go in the Guiness Book of Records for the one who saved humanity the most times by reloading ;-)

Yep, I reloaded again, and cruised around sucking any suspicious ships into my cargo with the tractor beam (I got a Paradigm, with Steltek guns and fusion turrets all over).
But then there was this nephilim Drayman I couldn't suck in, so I blew it up, and then there was this bright plasma floating where the ship had been. Very weird. It wouldn't go away.

And then I went to do the second mission in RF for Murphy, and those demons took me out in like 15 seconds. Funny thing, I went in with the idea of selecting one of them and matching my speed so that my paradigm would be flying around like madness, but the trick didn't work, for some reason.

Back to the issue of New Constantinople getting blown up every few hours: As I was looking around for what might be attacking it, I found there was an ejected pilot right on the surface of the station. So I sucked him into my cargo. Then I thought about it, and didn't want to get in trouble with the cops, so I made him a hitchiker. Could he be a paratrooper, of the kind Captain Spirit's evil mind might concoct, being part Steltek, part nephilim? Her imagination might destroy humanity unless reined in... ;-)

Again! It's those welders. Definitely. But they are like inside the station. I get the bastards selected, but they are seldom on the outside, where I can deal with them. Most of the time they are inside the station, cause I come from above and from below the disc and all I get it the target reticule, but I don't see the "pilot" itself. Nasty! What can I do? And the next time I come around the station looks pink; and the next time it looks red, and the kaboom! New Constantinople is gone. This is not fun anymore. I'm going to sleep.

Have the same Problem

Hello,

I just installed the wcu-mod and now have the same problem. New Constantionple gets destroyed and there's nothing I can do against it.

Who can help?

I'm truly amazed about the possibilities in this mod. Fidelity Build, here I come...!

Seriously: I hope you get it fixed without much trouble. Or paint it over with another storyline. Or make it the penultimate cheating penalty.

Yes, paratroopers ARE definitely too strong in the current build -- please keep in mind that it's still pre alpha, so bad stuff is bound to happen. A Nephilim Drayman you say? Bizarre... I think I goofed up the faction ship assignment, looking into it now. Once it gets fixed you'll have to start a new game though because according to the VS engine, what's there is there. I would like you to tell me which ships cause the problem so that I can nerf them in code.

If you see a plaet- or base- killing ship, please target it and tell me what the HUD says.

The first time it happened I had to look really hard, but then I found a hunter, er... I thought it was a hunter; It was an Orion ship, but it said nephilim.
In subsequent times, I never found a ship attacking the station; I only saw ejected pilots, and these have no ID yet, in HUD; another thing to correct: It would be nice to know, when one sees an ejected pilot, whether it's one worth saving, enslaving or ignoring ;-)
Anyhow, so I see these pilots, sometimes on the outside surface of New Constantinople, in which case I suck them into my cargo; but sometimes inside of the structure (I approach the yellow target from both sides, and from neither side I can see nor capture the pilot). And I tried the tractor from both sides, but the tractor beam just seems to sink into the metal and not get the "pilot". If I stick around, New Constantinople eventually is gone, but I notice if I go on my way, the next time it maybe missing shields, but it's still there. So, it seems like in Quantum Physics, where the act of observation determines the result of the observation. So, I don't observe any more.
I've seen, so far, nephilim Orions, Galaxies and Draymans. And they all leave strange clouds of lingering whit plasma after I destroy them. They can't be communicated with.
By the way, nephilims are all over the news. Often involved in battles in or around New Constantinople. And I've destroyed some of their Draymans and Orions in New Detroit and New Castle.

By the way, there's another problem: In New Constantinople in particular, the number of ships and pilots and cargo is so huge, sometimes you can't even find the bases in the list of targets in the HUD. And pointing the ship in some directions lowers frame rate to like 1 or 2 fps.

Thank you!

Does this all happen even after you start a new game? (Sorry, but at the moment saved games should be considered unreliable -- the autogen system is more complex than the one in Privateer since it has to handle a much bigger universe AND a war with a moving front)

Sorry I didn't notice your reply earlier.
No, I didn't start a new game. I had finished all of Remake except the Lynn Murphy missions, because I didn't remember where to find her. So I unzipped your files, and then kept playing. But I went places, explored the Vega system, back to New Detroit, then back in search of Sol, then came back, went to Perry, bought myself a Paradigm, then found Murphy. As soon as I took a Murphy mission the problem started.

I reloaded from a savefile before Murphy, and loitered around for a while; then went back and took the Murphy mission again, and the problem started happening again.

By the way, and this is totally unrelated. I took a mission before Murphy, to carry cargo to a system called "Heaven", but although it shows in the main map, the jump point to it, from J900, does not exist.

Back