New Babylon 5

Yeah I believe City of Sorrows was written by his wife.

Again, when it comes to purchasing the books, unless you are a real die hard fan and want to get volume 15, which is free and only given to people who purchase 1-14, I would recommend only getting those volumes which have your favorite episodes on them. If you have any questions about any of the ones that have been published I can dig them out and give you a summary of what is in them.

I would like to eventually get them all but I really want the ones that cover seasons 3 and 4 (which are my favorite).

Is the volume 15 offer a limited time thing or is it going to be around for a while? I would love to get it just to read the B5 bible but if it's a limited time offer I'll start collecting them now.

I thought it best just to quote directly from the Babylon5 Script Page about volume 15.

Why Volume 15 is Not For Sale
(and never will be)

Volume 15 is not for sale and never will be. It is only available as a free gift for folks who go the distance with the 14-volume set. And by the way, when we say “free” we mean “free.” Even the shipping/handling is paid for by us and that includes international fans.
What makes Volume 15 so special is that it is packed with never-before-seen material from Joe’s vault. So what’s in Volume 15 you ask? Here’s what J. Michael Straczynski has to say:

» THE LOST SCRIPT FOR “SOUL HUNTER”
“Remember the lost script for “Soul Hunter,” of which only 5 copies existed before I pulled them back, destroyed all but one copy for my files, and wrote a brand new script to replace it...all because it felt too much like a Star Trek script? It also features a comic sub-plot concerning B5 being audited.”

» UNRELEASED DRAFT OF “AND THE SKY, FULL OF STARS”
“Nearly a year before we began writing episode scripts, before we had the series commitment, Warner Bros. wanted to see what a typical episode might look like. So I wrote a draft of “And the Sky, Full of Stars,” one of our most important episodes, that is massively different from what we would later produce...including fantasy sequences with Knight Two as the proprieter of a dark carnival of sorts.”

» THE BABYLON 5 WRITER’S BIBLE
At the launch of the series, JMS wrote a document to be used by additional writers as an overview, reference and guide to the general feel about the show. This report-length communiqué, written 6 months before season one began production, provides a comprehensive look at the characters, the Babylon 5 universe, as well as the kind of stories that were going to be told.

» BREAKDOWN OF THE ENTIRE 5-YEAR STORY ARC WITH SINCLAIR
“For over ten years, fans have asked “What would Babylon 5 have been like had Sinclair stayed?” After we finished the movie, but before we got the series going, WB asked to see a breakdown on this five-year arc thingie. So I wrote a six or seven page, single spaced outline of the entire five years with Sinclair still in place. The document makes for fascinating reading when compared with the series as it developed. Not only that, but the same document has a brief outline for A POTENTIAL BABYLON 5 SEQUEL SERIES, which would have been entitled BABYLON PRIME.”

» THE “LEGENDARY” ALTERNATE VERSION OF “THE EXERCISE OF VITAL POWERS”
This is the secret script written as an elaborate practical joke on the actors, which contains the Londo/G’Kar seduction scene.

Again, Volume 15 is not for sale. It is only available for free as a thank-you to folks who are picking up the entire 14-volume set.

All one has to do is mail in their proof-of-purchase, which will be available after Volume 14 is released and will remain available for a minimum of three months.

Then, all 14 volumes and the proof-of-purchase will go away forever, making the 15-volume set a never-again opportunity.

Wow that sounds great. But looks like if I want volume 15 I had better start getting them now or I'll have to pay a ton for it on ebay later.

Thanks for the help:D

No problem. The best thing about them is that you get to read a lot of the scenes that did not make the final cut or how the lines evolved into what shows up on the screen. I was reading a little of volume 11 at lunch today and some of the scenes missing from Sleeping in Light and The Deconstruction of Falling Stars was kind of cool. Maybe right before TLT comes out I'll watch all the JMS eps and read along, I've only done a few so far, but it's pretty cool. We should maybe do something on #wingnut, have a mass watching or something when TLT ships.

Talia Winters guest starred on Bones last night. Holy crap, she hasn't aged well at all.

She's married to Jerry Doyle right? I saw the gorgeous Mr. Doyle on the View once... I think it was the view.

Oh and I also saw Talia on some News channel as an anchor?... very weird. :)

EDIT:

Damn no more G'Kar. very sad... he was like top notch... a pleasure to watch on so many levels... :(

Back