New and Improved Head Museum Opens! (November 24, 2019)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
I put together a little Wing Commander treat for folks today: the new Wing Commander CIC Head Museum! It collects all the portraits and VDU images from the early games. They’re all extracted from the games files and should be pixel perfect! And in some cases you’re seeing more than the games actually display! Compare the Pleasure Planet bartender’s portrait to a screenshot:

There are some neat rarities and b-sides, too... like the portraits from Super Wing Commander or the manga-style artwork from the Super Famicom port’s manual!

There's even the helmeted portraits from WC2 and all the crazy VDU images from Privateer 2! Plus a few bits of cut content like young Blair and Boba Catt here.

Now I’ll leave you with what we all came here to see: hardcore nudity.

--
Original update published on November 24, 2019

I've added the Super Nintendo heads to the museum! A few interesting notes:

* The heads look very 'thin' because the SNES renders an 8:7 image which your TV would then stretch somewhat to 4:3.
* Hunter's cigar is removed, almost certainly a victim of Nintendo's then-very-strict content policy.
* Angel's earrings are removed, likely because of the more limited number of colors available (presumably not a strange content cut as Spirit still has her more muted earrings).
* The VDU images for Hunter and Maniac are CORRECTED! They read 'Dart' and 'Joker' respectively in the PC version which had been their names earlier in development.
* The SNES cuts the space suit 'salute' arm so neither Blair nor Halcyon salute at the funeral.

What's with regular face from privateer? I guess he was a placeholder or something?

Back