Nephele Bar Patron Reflects on WC4 Film Shoot (January 7, 2024)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
IronWolf1970 recently posted this fun little anecdote from the set of Wing Commander IV. The scale of the WC4 film shoot is vast: real sets, tons of extras and lots of practical effects. However, coming hot on the heels of WC3, it often seems like the earlier game got a lot more press and analysis due to the novelty of FMV at the time. The Price of Freedom has a grand setup and much larger group of people that were involved, but the behind-the-scenes aspect wasn't always supersized to match. So that's why even though this is a brief recollection, it's still fun to get a peek into what went down!

IronWolf: My buddy and I were background on Wing Commander IV. It was the bar scene. He got to hang out next to Mark Hamill.

LOAF: Totally cool! Do you know if you're visible in the final cut?

IronWolf: I found myself... big surprise it was at the pool table... lol... I'm the tall blur in the background with the funny hat. My "then" girlfriend is the little goth looking girl checking out Mark Hamill (she and I were big Animated Batman fans) as he walks by.

LOAF: Fascinating, thank you! I've always wondered who the people are in scenes like this. And I'll bet this specific scene still has some record for most extras on screen at once in a full motion video game... they packed that bar set!

IronWolf: We're the unnamed ones lol

--
Original update published on January 7, 2024

Back