Need WingCommander : The Kilrathi Saga

Well, none of the DOS version of WC work on my computer. After loading the sound card and mouse, there isn't enough conventional memory left to run.

Well you see... you don't actually need the mouse do you?

And do you have the CD drivers installed

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I ran out of such.
I tried running Privateer with just the sound card and CD-ROM driver loaded, but... no-go, out of Conventional Memory
(and its not possible to load with EMS, because that in itself takes Conv. Mem.)

You don't actually need the CD-ROM driver to play, just copy the CD to the HDD and you can run it from there... come on over the the tech support forum and we'll get you up and running.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

*grins and nods*
I may know how to fix ships... but I'm all thumbs with computers
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
<Shrug> I got KS because it's utterly impossible to find WC1&2 addons these days. Though I did get the KS version of SO1&2 running with the original WC2
smile.gif
. Except that the Mace didn't work (rather, didn't exist), and the Morningstar's jump drive also didn't work. Other than that, everything was just fine. You simply have to know which files to rename/replace.
smile.gif

lol... I have less trouble with the proper maintenance of TC's Black Ferret in the Krak's Hanger Deck than I do with computers!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Assistant Game Master
Chief of Public Relations
BlackLance HQ

"..there are always three sides to any given truth..."

Oh, I have a friend who lives in "Gedera" and another one in "Moshav Bnaya". Nice places, both of them, but pretty far away from almost any large city

It's not that far really, depends on how busy the roads are. You can make it to Tel-Aviv in less then 80 mins if your lucky
smile.gif

It's not that far really, depends on how busy the roads are. You can make it to Tel-Aviv in less then 80 mins if your lucky
smile.gif
Huh? Oh, right. You're from Israel. I just find it kinda amusing that Mad Hatter would consider that to be a large distance - here, it takes about an hour and a half to get to Brisbane, and I consider that to be so close that usually I just say that I live in Brisbane
smile.gif

Quarto said:
Huh? Oh, right. You're from Israel. I just find it kinda amusing that Mad Hatter would consider that to be a large distance - here, it takes about an hour and a half to get to Brisbane, and I consider that to be so close that usually I just say that I live in Brisbane
smile.gif

When you`re whole country is but 550 KM long and at the most 100+ (usually less) KM wide, 80 minutes is a pretty long time.
smile.gif

I can play WC1 and WC2 in dos and I have enough conventional memory with CD drivers, sound, mouse, EMS (611KB to be exact), but the speed is a problem, even with Moslo 4Biz, so I prefer the Win95 versions better.

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited June 05, 2000).]

Back