Need WingCommander : The Kilrathi Saga

All this talk about Kilrathi Saga is making me jealous. But I long ago came to the conclusion that I'll never see a copy of the game.
frown.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course you got a better deal Q, but I was still lucky to get the game.
smile.gif
I would spend twice as much to get those games if I had to.
smile.gif

The world is divided into 2 types of people:
The ones that have an original copy of the Kilrathi Saga, and the ones who don`t.

Watch out Murphy!
wink.gif

Ahhh, KS. I got it as soon as it was out, and even didn't have win95 at time! (That's why I made the biggest mistake of my life and installed it. For you see, I already had WC 1,2,3 and 4 for DOS, but nooooo, just had to see it in the "new windows" edition!).

Anyway, MH, do you need a copy of WC4? 'cause I think I might have 1 I don't need (I'm almost sure I do
smile.gif
). For you see, I had a nice copy of WC3 once, but after I've finished the game for the first time, the 4th disk just wouldn't work anymore (I think it was a bit scratched or something, I donno). Some time passed, and I got myself WC4, and found another copy of 3 somewhere. However, WC3's disks were damaged, so I sent the company which brought it here a letter and the game itself. In returen, I got another copy of WC4! I kept it and sent them another letter. For that letter I got yet another copy of WC4, and another damaged copy of 3 (it appears that the company had a bad shiftment of WC3 in which all disk were bad
frown.gif
). I've found a second hand copy of WC3 in perfect condition (one that was directly brought from the US so it even had the original manual and not some s*** translated thing with nothing in it). So anyway, I had 3 copys of 4 - one of them I gave away, one I've kept for myself, and I'm pretty sure I still have the third, so if you want it (and if I still have it), it's yours
smile.gif

It's unfortunate that copies of Wing Commander are no longer under production. I've been looking for second-hand WC for a long time now in and around my area (like lots of people, I got it when it came out, past it, then sold it/it got destroyed throughout time).
Now... if I only new the phone number/address of a company who DOES have copies of them left, I would be very happy
wink.gif
... -

-that is... if I can get my mouse to work in DOS... :p

------------------
Member of BlackLance HQ

"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Gee, thanks Hero, it`s a shame I already ordered it from CDaccess.com.
frown.gif

If it`s a 95 version I`d be glad to take it off your hands though.
BTW, where do you live? I`m in Ra`anana.

Well, it's a good thing you did, I can't find it (I know I have it somewhere the question is where :confused
smile.gif

Anyway, it's a DOS version of the game (I don't think that they bothered making a new version just for win95), and I myself find it to run better on DOS from within windows then from using the patch. Now, my DOS didn't have CD drivers till resently (thanks to Stinger and the other guys down there at the Tech support lobby!
biggrin.gif
), so I couldn't play the game. Maybe now it'll work better on win98 then on DOS...

And as for your question, I live in a small villige/town near Gedera, a part for the Gdert setelments. A really nice place to live in may I add
smile.gif

Metras said:
It's unfortunate that copies of Wing Commander are no longer under production. I've been looking for second-hand WC for a long time now in and around my area (like lots of people, I got it when it came out, past it, then sold it/it got destroyed throughout time).

Damn unfortunate. I've been lucky to find as many WC games as I have. Prophecy Gold was easy enough, considering I got it in early June of '99. I also got WC2, WC3, Privateer, and Privateer 2 each for less than ten bucks. PSX WC4 was cheap to find, too. Once, a while back, I did have both Academy and Armada in my possession, but I could not get them to work on my computer and my mom made me return them to the store. It was heartbreaking...
frown.gif
Hopefully, I'll find them again (and WC1) one day soon.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited June 03, 2000).]

Y'know, I was this close *adjusts his finger span to that of microns* to getting ALL of the Wing Commander Series at Future Shop, but... some kid bought it 3 hours before me!

*sighs*

Would anyone know (including those of the moderators) to someplace where they can be ordered? (That is... if such places which hold them still exist in this dimension)

The where to buy section has the best places to start... local used software/computer stores are good for the old ones... That's how I now have a bunch of different WC1 and 2 versions.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

WHY DIDNT I GET IT WHEN IT CAME OUT!!!!!????!?!?
damner...its was everywhere then...
but i've got no fekking money then...

Alternatively, you can build a Protoss Probe and use it to warp the series in from Aiur. I find that much easier, personally.

PayBack: You must find it exceedingly irritating to hear that I bought KSaga in Singapore - and I was just passing through
biggrin.gif
. Back in mid-'98, it was.

The only game lacking in my collection is academy.
frown.gif
Damn my no-creditcard parents
mad.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Hero said:
And as for your question, I live in a small villige/town near Gedera, a part for the Gdert setelments. A really nice place to live in may I add
smile.gif

Oh, I have a friend who lives in "Gedera" and another one in "Moshav Bnaya". Nice places, both of them, but pretty far away from almost any large city.

I personally don't have WC:KS (I'm perfectly happy playing them all in DOS
smile.gif
) No one actually needs to get KS unless they know nothing about DOS and are unable to follow instructions.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Back