Need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFraix

Vice Admiral
I know Indonesia is a hardly mentioned name within this group, but its now entering a transitional period in her history as a nation and a country.

The country was build on a dream... a very beautiful dream of _strength and unity_ through _diversity_. And to tell you the truth, there is no other place in this globe which is diverse as Indonesia... the largest archiphelago country in the world.

But there were problems. A leader who started well but couldn't let go of his power... and followed by systematic efforts to ruin the freedom to think or dream. During Suharto's reign, we placed to much confidence on our economic growth and was pretty much fatten by that belief. But in the same time, democracy and religion freedom was pretty unbalanced.
There were also some 'other' (read: magical and dark arts) influence which caused so much fear to the minority religions. If you dare to check the unofficial records, tens of thousands burnings of religious site has occured.

Now... the old power is beginning to lose its grip... slowly but surely. But in the same time, the real leader in the hearts and souls of the Indonesians are being slandered with lies, rumors and media manipulation.

The US navy are now being berthed at the Jakarta docks, standing by if anything worse happen in the capital (which is also the site of a third world country conferences).

This ain't a game, and this is real. I'm witnessing history unfolding again!

Good thing my Wing Commander experiences are also helping me understand what's going around here.

If you guys (and girls) are willing to help... we need support and prayer.

How should the help look like? Are you talking about money or about medicaments/other material support?
It's quite sad that the political power of change is gone...
I am really thinking about help, but I don't know how....and prayer sorry, I still don't believe in god, but I'll think of you. Does that also count as this kind of support? :)
Just let me know (PS: Indonesia isn't a hardly mentioned name for me. I know it quite well, because I like geography).

Would do...

Indonesia has a very beautiful dream at its start...

one thing which really paralels the Terran Confederation.

:)

If you mean Wahid being the real leader in the peoples hearts? Becuase he is a complete jerk, and derserves to be kicked out

This thread isn't going anywhere good at all. It has both politics and a tinge of religion, both topics that aren't really the best things to get into.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back