Need kilrathi saga disk 2

Everything EA toughess is defiled :D ... look at Command & Conquer and Lands of Lore. They where much better of with Virgin.

Anyways, Origin simply wasn't up to EAs quantity over quality policy. They rather produce 4 junk games than 1 quality game in 4 years time. Personally I think that Vivendi (sierra) makes much better stuff.

Everything EA toughess is defiled ... look at Command & Conquer and Lands of Lore. They where much better of with Virgin.

Anyways, Origin simply wasn't up to EAs quantity over quality policy. They rather produce 4 junk games than 1 quality game in 4 years time. Personally I think that Vivendi (sierra) makes much better stuff.

EA published every Wing Commander title from WC2 Deluxe on. Without EA's money high cost FMV games like WC3/4/P and Privateer 2 could never have happened.

No company should ever rightfully spend four years of development money on a video game. That's millions and millions of dollars that can't conceivably be made back.

Your history of Westwood is a fanboy revisionism, too - there's no evil empire. EA treated Westwood like the jewel in their crown for five years; they were largely autonomous throughout this time, allowed to pick and choose their projects and set their own deadlines. EA put their foot down after a whole series of disappointing high-cost projects: Dune Emperor, Command and Conquer 2 and worst of all, the incredibly expensive Earth and Beyond MMP game.

For the record, I was only commenting on their current tech support practices.

On Loaf's statements, I can't help but agree.

It's technically illegal, it's a strain on whoever's copying the disks and there's a huge potential for abuse.

We can probably still figure something out, though.

OK if I had say a scratched CD and mailed in to whoever and had a copy returned and then whoever can just mail the original off to EA saying here ya go, would that work? Also it is possible to add on anti-copy files to the burned cds so no copies could be made from the copy. In essence we would be protecting the ones sent out by CIC.
Is it just me or is this post confusing?

Jim

It doesn't sound very legal. It might work as something unofficial, if it were to be handled person-to-person in a shady corner of IRC. I would hate to see the CIC get in trouble over something like cat scratches on a CD.

I don't think anyone is going to care if you swap their broken or scratched disk for a burned copy at media cost, but we certainly don't have the time to organize a replacement for dexchange.

Back