Need help!

U

Unregistered

The Game works good on my system, but always when someone says something
it crashs and it says a problem with divX.dll.
I tried to put in a newer file, but than it says thers a problem with the
wcue_loader.dll!!
Can someone please tell me what this means??

Thanks a lot...

-Dennis-

Hi!!

Please post your system specs (speed, RAM memory, video and sound board), as well as which video setting are you using.

Actually I don't think we need specs for this. It's an error most people get when running post Win 98 OS just use compatability mode for 95 or 98 whichever seems to work better for you.

Hope that helps

Hey, welcome to the boards. First post is for tech support, that shows a lot of style.

One word of advice: don't comment in old threads (over about a week or so), without a good reason. But, this isn't much of a problem.

Again, welcome to the boards and enjoy your stay. I recomend you read the rules (up on top of the screen) as the admins are very good about enforcing them. Very fair, but they run a tight ship around here.

Moonsword said:
Again, welcome to the boards and enjoy your stay. I recomend you read the rules (up on top of the screen) as the admins are very good about enforcing them. Very fair, but they run a tight ship around here.
You know, for some reason it always bothered me a great deal when people who are not moderators or admins start telling others to read the rules... maybe because such behaviour is generally a good indication that they themselves haven't read the rules? :p

Dude I'm answering a guys question how would u like it if u asked a question and no one answer for whatever reason and than later everyone said thats 2 weeks old I'm not gonna bother with that. Then you have to either one not get your question answered bad, make a worthless post to bump it back up which is as bad or worse of a disruption as someone answering the question, or make a new thread which is far more disruptive than moving an old topic up.

PS I know how to post on message boards and I have read the rules which interestingly enough have nothing to do with responding to older posts.

Thanks for your welcome/advice/concern though

Why yes Quarto I do believe your right

I was suggesting, not threatening, Quarto. We've had a lot of newbies come in recently who keep violating them. And yes, I know that's not in the rules, as well. It's the other stuff in there. I think everyone should read the rules when they first post here. It cuts down on problems.

And interestingly enough, there's nothing in there about very informally suggesting that people look at that or trying to warn them about something so they don't run afoul of the, shall we say, cultural mores at the CIC chat zone, either.

Still, if you want me not to do it, go ahead and say so. I really am not trying to step on anybody's toes here, just trying to help the new people and make sure they know what the rules are.

Moonsword said:
I was suggesting, not threatening, Quarto. We've had a lot of newbies come in recently who keep violating them. [...] Still, if you want me not to do it, go ahead and say so. I really am not trying to step on anybody's toes here, just trying to help the new people and make sure they know what the rules are.
I definitely don't want you to do it, and I'm pretty sure that none of the admins do either (which is why it's against the rules - see Rule 1). The reason is that, what might seem like a friendly suggestion to you, is not necessarily interpreted that way on the other end. For new users, it can be irritating and offensive - especially considering that they had already been shown the rules during registration. Basically, I want to avoid unnecessary tensions - if a new user does something wrong, he shouldn't have everybody jumping on his back. There's more than enough mods and admins here to take care of keeping people in line :).

(also, in this particular case, it makes you look silly - this thread is less than three weeks old, so the warning about resurrecting old threads is way out of place)

Back