Need help with WC3

nickmitsialis

Rear Admiral
Gang:

I have just bought Wing Commander 3 from GOG; However I am having some 'issues':

I cannot get my joystick to work;
also:
My mouse cursor constantly 'retreats' to the top of the screen & does not allow me to use it.

What can I do?

FYI: I use Win XP.

Thanks ahead of time

NM

Aha. This is a joystick problem - your stick isn't calibrated properly, so the game things you've constantly got the stick swung up and to the left which is why you can't move the cursor away from there. What you need to do is recalibrate your joystick. The way you do this in WC3 is to run the game with the command line WC3 -I; I'm not sure how you fiddle the GoG version to make its integrated DOSBox do that. If there's an install or setup file you can run, try using that.

Aha. This is a joystick problem - your stick isn't calibrated properly, so the game things you've constantly got the stick swung up and to the left which is why you can't move the cursor away from there. What you need to do is recalibrate your joystick. The way you do this in WC3 is to run the game with the command line WC3 -I; I'm not sure how you fiddle the GoG version to make its integrated DOSBox do that. If there's an install or setup file you can run, try using that.

Since Dosbox is translating the games calls to windows, you will need to make sure the stick is calibrated in windows itself too. Go to 'game controllers' in the control panel.

Back